Monday, October 30, 2017

Almost Halloween!!!

Even more surprises!  I think if people were as creative at working and making a living as they are at trying to cheat Hunter Farms Pumpkin Patch out of the entry fee, they would be millionaires.  By the time they get to this point in the entry, they have passed three signs that say it's $5 to enter.

It matters not ... they STILL try to walk right past the pay booth.  When the cue gets full to the brim, I sell wristbands and tokens for cash to move things along.  As I was waiting on a nice couple with three kids, another family of five tried to sneak by.  CAUGHT!!  I'm sorry, do you have wristbands or tokens?

"We're trying to decide what we want".  Please move back to the cue (where you can actually SEE the price board).  "WHY?  We're not even through the gate!"  I'm sorry, but you are way past the gate, the cue and WAY past the point of paying.  You need to move back please.  They always become incensed when they get caught!!
On weekends, lunch is free.  YUM ... semi warm hot dogs.  It's okay though, because I'm a big fan of hot dogs.
On my way back from lunch, I stopped in at the Gem Mining attraction so I could show you what I've been doing for the last two days.  I fill plastic bags with "gems" and Indian arrow heads, all weighed on a scale, then head to the sluice box.  Every day they shovel out the sand into a large wooden box, where we use it to fill these bags.  Dump the gems on the sand, and with three quick scoops of my plastic cup, they are full and ready to roll.
To make the experience last a little longer, I try to get people to dump in one third of their bag in the screen box.  Once dipped in the running water, the magic gems appear to the screams and delight of the kids.  The more you ooh and aah, the more they giggle.  It's fun, to say the least.
The rest of the day went really well, since clouds came over and cooled us off to a lovely 75 degrees.  That didn't keep some people from trying to play the switch game however.  After wearing a wristband for at least three hours (they think I won't remember them), a lady wanted me to exchange it for $5 tokens.  

She said her daughter didn't get to ride anything.  Oh no I said ... with that wrist band she can ride EVERYTHING (which I'm sure she already had).  I can't change it once she has it on her wrist.  So she rode all the rides and now wanted $10 to spend on food ... sorry, but I'm not sorry.  

While at my station, I told the kid to get off the fence twice.  I finally told his parents TWICE.  When he fell off the fence and banged his head, I didn't exactly say I told you so, but I was THAT close to it!!  I've been living in a little cocoon I suppose, not being exposed to the human race much.  I think our country may be in trouble!!  LOL

Today will be a slow one.  I think I'm going to wear my tractor driver hat.  Our nice Serbian tractor driver gentleman has not shown up for two days now, so I imagine that will be my job.  It's my favorite one!!  

The last day is a pumpkin free for all.  You cram all the pumpkins you possibly can into one of the wagons, which is then rolled across a board with sticks nailed on top.  Whatever doesn't fall off, you get for $20.  Much as I would like to have the pumpkins, I think today will be my last day to work.  I really need to get to work on my Halloween porch for trick or treating.  Do you have your stash of candy ready???






7 comments:

  1. Today's generation sure is a lot different than when we grew up, no respect, for rules anymore.
    We did our Trick Halloween, just over a week ago, not so much tomorrow at a Flying J.
    I know you will have too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about the respect!! What? Flying J doesn't have Halloween? LOL

      Delete
  2. And to think that those little shavers are going to be our future scientist politicians and homeless people

    ReplyDelete
  3. if California is going to split into three state??? which state are you going to be stated in ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The State of Shock and Confusion ... better yet, Arizona!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete