Sunday, October 8, 2017

What Went Wrong??

I was a little tired Saturday morning, but promised a trip to the Elks Jamboree in beautiful downtown Merced.  Okay, not so beautiful since it was held in the parking lot.  It had a 60's theme, making it impossible to recognize anyone with their crazy hair, tie-dyed shirts, daisy dresses and peace sign jewelry.

I'm pretty sure I went through the 60's and I don't remember ANYONE looking like that.  I should have taken pictures, but honestly, all I wanted to do was get home and rest.  I begged off all the crazy drinks, like Manhattans and Jello Shots and snuck out the back door unnoticed.  Bad Nancy.

A quick stop at the grocery store, of course paying for grocery bags since I had none in the Jeep, and I was back home.  Time to whip up a little pumpkin bread from Once Upon A Chef.  There's some good recipes on their site, including this yummy one.  I altered it a tad since I'm not a big fan of cloves.
I paid some bills ... the biggies from Oregon for tires and repairs ... which caused me to lay on the couch for an hour to recover.  With absolutely nothing else going on, the thought of dinner creeped into my head.

I had chicken and a bag of mushrooms.  What to do, what to do.  I found an Instant Pot recipe for Honey Sesame Chicken.  I probably didn't wash it as good as I should have before slicing and dicing it into small chunks.  I'll use that leftover rice, although I can't really remember when I cooked it.  I'm thinking it came from the freezer maybe three days ago?

In less than 15 minutes, I had dinner ... and it was DELICIOUS with a capital D.  Soy sauce, ketchup of all things, honey and a tad bit of sesame oil made the sauce mighty tasty.  

I don't know what went wrong.  It was either not washing the chicken sufficiently or the half baked soft chocolate chip cookie I ate afterwards or maybe the rice.  Either way, I got sick ... and I got sick ... and I got sick again.  I tend to blame the cookie for the stomach cramps since it was the last thing I ate and the first to immediately bother me.  I can't tell you where the homemade cookie came from ... I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
I will be spending the entire day on the couch hoping it goes away before tomorrow morning when I'm back on duty at the Seed Planting class.  Sadly, I'm throwing away everything even remotely related to what I ate.  Pepto Bismol anyone????






6 comments:

  1. Oh know that is sure not fun. Hope you feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not "ONLY" do you have to remember to carry bags in your vehicle...you have to remember to bring them into the store with you as you shop! Grrrr!!! And you can't blame the stores...only Uncle "J" who was all behind the legislation about the bags. Jerry is kinda like that Uncle that mom warns you about...a bit creepy for sure. (ok, so I voted for him back in the early '70s, but I was young and stupid back then...but only once, learned my lesson very quick)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right Dave ... and it's getting worse every day!!

      Delete
  3. We've been reusing shopping bags for nearly fifteen years in Canada or you pay for the disposables.
    Maybe the chicken wasn't quite cooked enough. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it was the undercooked cookie that was in the mail for three days and in the post office for another two before I picked the up. I won't do that again!!!

      Delete