Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Waiting Makes For A Long Day

 I'm a little under the weather this morning.  I ate WAY too much, there were a few too many trains and Cooper thought it was play time.  I don't know how his clock gets so far off sometimes.  When he decides it's time to play at midnight, no one can dissuade him.

Just for giggles, here's an up close and personal meeting with a javelina.  They really can be quite mean, so I'm glad he didn't just try to take off with the camera he heard whirring near the tree.


There was absolutely nothing spectacular about yesterday's breakfast.  Ice cream would have been much more appropriate for me, but alas, I am without.  Me thinks it's time for a grocery store run.


After that, I literally spent all day long sitting on the couch sewing.  The one not-so-fun part about quilting is sewing on all those bindings.  This big quilt had 34 feet of finger sticking fun, and that didn't include the two pillow shams, which came out pretty nice in spite of my lack of experience.  The squares were already sewn together, so I just added the borders.  It took three days to finish up this one quilt.


After a little bit of first aid, I was on to this one.  I should be done with it today.


This one is next ... binding is sewn on, I just have to turn the edges and hand stitch it down.  Thankfully both of these are not very big.  Those queen size ones ... they really give my achy fingers a workout.


In case you were wondering about my Knight in Shining Armor ... my Prince Charming ... he comes back about every two days for a soak in my swimming pool.  This video is about 3 seconds long.  I had the critter cam in my hand, so I just turned it on.  He made a nice leap that I completely missed because who in the world knows how to AIM a critter cam.  Yup ... he's that big blob in the middle.


Dinner was at the Chance household last night, another yummy rib sticking meal by Chef Patty.  

I don't think I mentioned I had my carpets cleaned last week, mostly because after that expensive roof, I couldn't afford to replace it ... which had been the plan.  It just irks me that people lie to you.  It seems practically every service you need ... they lie.  The guy said $99 to clean TWO rooms.  I only had one, 18' x 15'.

When he arrived, he pulled out his little iPad and proceeded to give me the estimate ... you're not going to believe this ... $340.00.  Are you kidding me??  What happened to $99??  I almost threw him out of the house.  I probably should have because after he did the $99 cleaning, the carpet wasn't clean AT ALL!

I called and complained, so they said they would send him back.  Yesterday, I waited from Noon to 6:00 for him to show up.  He finally called at 4:00 saying he was well over an hour away ... could he come first thing this morning.  SURE ... no problemo.  Just wait til he gets here and I tell him what a terrible job he did.  

And so ended my not so exciting day.  Although there was a downpour expected, it didn't happen.  Oh it rained a little, but nothing like the monsoons of years past.  Just as the sun was setting, there was a little downpour ..... over there.


I have yet another quilt loaded on my machine ... I think I have four left to do ... which means even MORE hand sewing.  I wonder if Prince Charming has nimble fingers??


10 comments:

  1. Frustrating about the carpet cleaner, he certainly is no prince charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture. Your breakfast is what I have quite often except with a corn tortilla. The are now a "quilting machine ". They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain in Tucson is always different than anywhere else.

      Delete
  3. Nancy your quilts are all amazing.
    Sorry the carpet cleaner didn't do a very good job.
    Glad you called and complained.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... quilting is something I can do that's creative. I love it.

      Delete
  4. Too many of these bait and hook schemes. At least this one didn't try to charge you more AFTER the carpet cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just seems it's that way with everything any more. So sad for the world ... always trying to scam someone.

      Delete
  5. Hope you are feeling better today, Wednesday.
    Your quilts are amazing and with all you are doing its crazy how many you finish.
    Funny video. Give him a cartoon voice and it's even funnier!
    Glad you complained about the carpet cleaner. No pride any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pride and no honesty it seems. Thank you for the quilt comments .. I appreciate it.

      Delete