Saturday, March 21, 2020

Word Of The Day ... BORING

I have never been an inside person.  That's what always got me in trouble with my Mom.  She thought I should be inside doing household chores when all I wanted was to go outside and ride my horse.   So far, this inside stuff has me crawling up the walls.

My trip to Tombstone was cancelled.  The town too tough to die is still alive, but all the stores are closed and the streets are empty.

Yesterday, I fed the dogs, read blogs, cut up sweet potatoes for the freezer, ate breakfast and fed Jonathan before getting out the vacuum and cleaning the entire house.  Mom would be proud.  All of that happened before 7:30 am.
The rest of the day I wandered around trying to think of something to do besides needlepoint.  I caught this little hummer, but overcast skies made the detail disappear.  By mid morning, the sun was shining on my newest acquisition.  She is showing off her finery with at least two new blooms every day.
I thought of making another loaf of bread now that I have fresh flour and yeast, but decided I better use up what I have first.  Waste not, want not.  The stale bread does taste a little better when toasted and smothered in butter.  Still, not the taste I remember as a kid or a 30 year old when I made all my bread.
Suddenly I saw motion down by the water station.  I grabbed my camera and slid the door open oh so quietly.  Mr. Roadrunner stopped and flipped his tail up in the air, posing for a picture.  They are just so darn cute.  Then he dropped his tail into aerodynamic mode and ran off into the trees.
There was a bit of good news yesterday, the State of California has extended the tax return filing deadline from April 15 to July 15.  If the Feds do the same, I will probably stay here another couple of weeks.  The view is much better in this part of the world.  I have seen Trump tweets that it will happen, but nothing official from IRS.  At this point they have only extended the date you have to PAY, if you have to pay.  They've said nothing about the filing date.  Under the circumstances, I just might file for an extension.  

So that's it .... that's all I've got.  I'm determined to get out today and take a walk down to the Chance secret hideout, or at least around the block and back.  It's funny how after a day or two I require actual humans to talk to.




9 comments:

  1. As Kathy said who could have imagined going through something like this in our Lifetimes.
    Be Safe practicing social distancing and Enjoy what nature has to offer.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Kathy. Although we have gone through this before with Swine Flu, Ebola and several other nasty things, this era of social media is adding fuel to the flames.

      Delete
  2. YES, they officially extended the deadline for federal taxes too!

    NICE Roadrunner Pic. Hmmm...maybe you should see if you could rent a horse for a few hours and go for a ride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... got the message yesterday. Glad about the taxes, so I'm staying here a while longer. Horse riding? A great idea!! They may be closed down now too though.

      Delete
  3. Great Roadrunner picture. Wish I could do that. Your flower is looking great 👍. You can get in that big RV and come over to Ajo. Lots of outdoor things to do here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty nice Doug. I've never been to Ajo. Can I plug in to your rig??? LOL

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures Nancy. Gotta love the hummingbird! Everything's better with butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little butter saying has been around since I was a kid.

      Delete