Sunday, March 1, 2020

IF ONLY .........

If only I wasn't sick, I would be out scouting the mountains and ghost towns for interesting stories to tell.  Instead, I'm stuck here at home with a nose pretending to be Niagara Falls, sneezing my glasses right off my head to the floor.

If only I could walk the mile to the Chance Ranch, I could pick up my rig and bring her home.  I think it was mental telepathy, because Dan had just arrived from an RV run to Albuquerque and offered to drive it over.  YAY!!!  She's home, along with some of my required belongings, like boxes of kleenex and listerine.
Here's the BIGGIE ..... If ONLY that blankety blank contractor had not called me yesterday and told me he decided NOT to do the work after all.  He's just too busy.  If only he were here, I would have punched him in the face for wasting four days of my time!!

I almost cried.  If only I had a nice bottle of Friday's Mudslide, I would have drowned my sorrows in vodka!!  Instead, I called the last name on my list.  Oh yes ma'am ... we can fix that.  It's what we do. He asked for a picture, which I really didn't want to send.  I was afraid I would never hear from him again, which is still a possibility.

Waiting is like sitting around when you were 17, hoping you would get the call from THAT GUY who would take you to the Prom.  Oh I got the call alright, a week before the dance and AFTER I purchased the most beautiful gown in town, the call came and he backed out ... cancelled ... not going to the Prom.  I feel the same now as I did then!!

So here I am, waiting and waiting.  If only the contractor would call and tell me what day he can come by.  If only I wasn't sick ..... yada yada.

The highlight of my day was when I opened this cupboard door and it fell off in my hand.  If only I knew how to fix this.  Then I remembered Dan's words, the same as my readers ..... USE A TOOTHPICK.  And so I stuck a toothpick in the stripped out hole, broke it off and proceeded to put the screw back in.  IT WORKED!!!!  You can't imagine how excited I was for this small win in my current world of failures.
So my RV friends, I will be on the couch trying to stop Niagara Falls so the pounding in my head will go away.  

Maybe I can even get some sleep since I won't be waiting for Mr Blue Eyes to show up!!!  I'm praying Quality Construction is a man of his word.








21 comments:

  1. Today Social Media can make businesses regret their wrong doings by leaving a bad review on their sites.
    Sometimes putting more then a single toothpick in a hole will stop the problem from reoccurring.
    Be Safe and hoping you will feel better soon.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all over that social media review idea!! If the door comes off again, I'll use TWO toothpicks. Thanks Rick!!

      Delete
  2. You sure do have your problems from time to time Nancy. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Great to see you have your motor home back in it's spot. When I get a cold, I get what ever sinus, cough and cold over the counter medicine I can get. Usually it is take one every 6-8 hrs, I'll take two right off the get go so it get in my system quicker with a punch and start working, then follow the directions from there. It's not going to cure the cold any faster, but it will dry you up and let you breath easier. Also take some kind of aspirin along with it. One last thing is this, when you go to bed at night, rub the bottom of your feet, yes I said feet, with "Vicks" (or what ever brand of chest rub you use) and then put socks on. don't laugh, it works. Oh, and rub a little under your nose. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my dear - what Bill said. About the Vicks vapor rub. On your chest/neck area too. On your feet, it stops your cough.
      Feel better soon. You need a break from all the crap!

      Delete
    2. Okay then! I'll try it Bill and Patsy!! Anything to feel better!

      Delete
  3. Well you could probably thank Mr. Nick for your cold because if I remember correctly the deer a boy stuck in Phoenix for a few days and infected 90% of the town while he was there i'm sure some of those people came down to Tucson and affected 3/4 of Tucson
    Yeah like a very thorough person that he is goes to Showlow and affects all 10 people in the village and you know how village people are up there he gave it to Miss Terry so half of Arizona is infected every Hampton Inn on or near i10 is infected not to mention the numerous restaurants with the best food over the last 30 days
    But have no fear they'll be at the local grocery store the local restaurant and probably a half a dozen antique stores. so 99% of Florida would be affected
    But that's OK I'm going to take seven showers a day for 20 seconds worth of soap and I stocked up on Vicks The rubby kind
    If you could find a jewish Mexican Carpenter that doesn't have the flu
    They could probably do the job better and faster they might not speak English but they know what a green back is
    Take some Vicks NyQuil p.m.and Benadryl and have a good night
    That should work like Fridays and Saturdays mudslide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is EXACTLY what happened Ed. That darned Nick gave me his cold when he came to Arizona!!! Poor Miss Terry caught it too! Hahahahaha

      Delete
  4. The nose running was the worse I think I went through two big boxes of Puffs, my preferred brand...lol.
    Good luck with this new contractor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree Deb ... this kind of cold is the pits.

      Delete
  5. Nice of Dan to bring the rig home and to now have all those things you need. Take some nice hot steamy showers, they usually do a bit of good. We've found that getting daytime and nighttime meds is also helpful.
    Good luck with the contractor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the showers. Steam seems to clear up my nose pretty nicely.

      Delete
  6. What a bummer of a day. Can't believe it's so hard to get someone to fix a stupid porch. Hope this guy works out. Hope you get well. The weather is warming and you need to be on the move. I had forgotten about the toothpick trick. Glad you reminded me as I have a few loose screws too. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how I could be in such a populated place, yet have so much trouble finding help.

      Delete
  7. I'm also a fan of Vicks. I hope you have some on hand. Take care....Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy,
    I tried to answer your blog last week and couldn't remember my google password.....so, yes, I would love to meet you. Please send me a private email when you're feeling better and we'll make a plan. We just finished selling clay items in the arts and crafts show here in Green Valley. My husband and I took a clay class here last summer. He's a natural and already selling a lot of unique and different clay things. I'm not a natural and still plodding along.:) Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that market in Green Valley. Have been trying to get over there, but there have been too many obstacles in my way. I will definitely get in touch! Kudos on the clay! What a fun way to make a few extra bucks!!

      Delete
  9. So sorry you are so sick!!!! It just sucks when it happens. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes twice in six months. I'm NOT happy about it.

      Delete
  10. Instead of punching that contractor in the face, you should kiss him right on the mouth and share those cold germs. After all, they say misery loves company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Nick ... now that's an idea!! I sure hope you and Miss Terry are feeling better!!!

      Delete