Monday, October 23, 2017

My New Housemate!

The new woman my Doctor promised has not materialized.  Every time I look in the mirror, I see the same old one staring back at me!!

Well enough to be bored, I finally decided on a trip to the grocery store.  Jonathan was completely out of fresh fare, which he requires every day.  With my coughing now to a minimum, I felt pretty good about finding new vittles.

Back home with the fixins' for some comfort tuna and noodles (and TV dinners for a week), I began to plan for the homecoming of my housemate.  He comes out from his storage bin every Halloween to scare little kids on the front porch.  Trust me, he scares the big kids too.  It's amazing how realistic his skin and face look.
I stood him up, tried to straighten his suit, then walked out of the kitchen.  When I returned a short five seconds later, he scared me to death.  THERE'S SOMEONE IN THE KITCHEN!!  I was half way to the bedroom for my weapon of choice with adrenalin pumping before it dawned on me.  Nancy, you're such a dummy!!

I knew this was going to happen again and again until his night watch duty.  I tried covering him up with a sheet, but it didn't help.  Finally, I drug him into my spare bathroom and shut the door ... or at least I THOUGHT I did.

This morning as I turned around with two bowls full of dog food, I got the same scare again.  Well you little RAT!!!  It's going to be a  L O N G  week!!

I think I'll wander over to the Pumpkin Patch this afternoon for some pumpkins.  If I'm going to decorate my front porch, they are a MUST.

At long last, I'm feeling MUCH better!!



9 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better.
    Have you thought of disconnecting you friend's power supply until you put him out on Halloween?
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's disconnected. If not, I'd have probably shot him by now!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I think it would be better if you put him / her the bathroom instead

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new house mate, will scare anybody away. So nice that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it might not be a bad idea to keep him around all the time!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you finally feel well enough to take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda .. it's nice to be feeling human again!

      Delete
  5. Catching up on your posts,you made me laugh. I have a stepladder in the kitchen with a jacket thrown over it. Scary every time I glance that way.

    ReplyDelete