Sunday, October 15, 2017

It Was BOUND To Happen!!

Good Morning Kids ... welcome to .......... oh wait, I actually have a day off.  It's a good thing, because (as I KNEW would happen) the little buggers have given me some kind of sickness that will probably be the death of me.  Yesterday consisted of coughing fits, all of which originate in my chest.  

Unable to get in to a doctor, I'm self-medicating (not really, just benadryl and advil).  Since it's viral, there's probably nothing they can do anyway.  Hopefully it's a combination of dust and smoke from the last three days.  It was BOUND to happen!!

This was BOUND to happen too .. I'm surprised it took this long.  I know you don't believe me when I say I can't cook, so here's the proof.  Anyone care to guess what these once were?  They were supposed to be little take-along snacks I could stash in the fridge at the pumpkin patch.  I cooked these brussell sprouts just a tad bit too long.

My oven needs fixing ... when I set it for 350, it barely reaches 250 according to the little temperature gauge inside.  So I set them at 450.  Unfortunately I got a little distracted making the bed and cleaning my bedroom.  At the exact instant I remembered, the house alarms went off in every room.

With sirens screaming, I grabbed the pan and raced outside, thankful they didn't burst into flames.  Next, I turned on all the fans in the house.  Luckily the sirens ceased in about a minute.  I should have just stayed on the couch.
As you can imagine, my house doesn't smell old any more, like when I'm gone.  Now it has the sweet smell of burned cabbage.  I turned on every candle device and plopped myself on the couch.  It was going to be a LONG day!!

Later in the afternoon, I kept looking at that box of rice krispies, trying to decide if I wanted to tempt fate.  Well yes, I did ... so I whipped up a batch, then dipped them in chocolate for added calories.  I can say they are very tasty, but really, I should have left the chocolate off.  At least I didn't burn the marshmallows, so I feel a little vindicated.
It's going to be another couch day, which isn't too bad since the Cubs are playing the Dodgers.  Being a Giants fan you KNOW I'm rooting for the Cubs.  So I'll be here .... napping in between coughing spasms.  How exciting!!  Hopefully if I DO have any seed planting classes tomorrow, they will be short and I can return home quickly.  I sure don't want this crappy stuff to get the best of me!!






10 comments:

  1. Being a Diamondback fan, I'll also be rooting for the Cubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID root for the Diamondbacks!! Actually, they were higher on my list than the Giants, who totally blew it!!

      Delete
  2. So when are you going to start rooting for the Diamondbacks since you now own a home in Arizona?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those burnt things do happen, but the rice crispy squares look good.
    Relax and get well soon. Being around all those peopled children sure is easy to catch something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy that's the truth!! And catch something I did!!

      Delete
  4. Damn them Dodgers! (Of course, Marcia is a die-hard Cubs fan, so both of us are rooting for the Cubs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead of buying a new stove pay the difference and buy carry out FOOD
    Besides who eat Fried brussels sprouts ?? anyways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good idea Ed ... then I don't have to cook at all!!

      Delete