Monday, April 22, 2013

Shrinkage!!!

No, not THAT kind .... the hot water laundry kind!!

First off ... after the Escapees WARE Rally in Lodi, several RV friends came to Merced to spend a few days at the Elks RV Park.   If you are an Elks member, definitely check out our new facility.  I'm not sure exactly how many sites there are, but I think at least 20, all level gravel.  Each site has a concrete slab with picnic table, 30 & 50 amp hookups along with water.  The dump station also has water for cleanup.  There's lots of grass for the puppies, a free laundry room with bathrooms and showers, as well as a large covered concrete patio area with matching gorgeous kitchen.  About two miles out of town, it's nice and quiet.  Check the schedule for their pancake breakfast often served here.
I've been trying to keep busy since the loss of my best horse friend Remy and knitting/crocheting does that ... sort of.   On a recent trip to The Urban Sheep in Modesto, I picked up a brochure on a class they were offering ... baby slippers.  Cutest little things ever for those that have grandchildren.  I gathered up Cyndae Marachino from the RV park and we headed to the class.

Crochet this time ... four of us carefully followed the pattern and ended up with this not-so-cute version, full of mistakes!!  Unfortunately, the variegated yarn they had me choose from didn't work so well for matching purposes.  No fear she said ... they will come out just fine in the wash!!
Now for the shrinkage!!!   These are about 5 inches long ... and after washing in hot water for 25 minutes (called felting), they turn into this!!!  These are now about 3 inches long.  Pretty darn cute if I say so myself!!!  Stuffed with paper towels and placed on a cookie rack to dry, they should be wearable soon!!
Heading back to the Vet this afternoon with my remaining horse to see what his prognosis will be.  At 25 years old, he has Cushings disease.  I'm hoping he has a few more years left, but this disease is a killer and it's hard to face another loss.  Wish me luck .........

No comments:

Post a Comment