Tuesday, April 23, 2013

GOOD HORSE NEWS!!!!!

I'm so excited!!  Yesterday I hauled my remaining horse to Taylor Veterinary Hospital to see Dr. Craig Brooks, an exceptionally nice guy ... like your next-door neighbor.  Dillons Showboy ... better known as Showby, has Cushings disease ... a small tumor in his brain.  Among other things, it causes his thick heavy winter coat to not shed off (making him very hot in the summer) and severe lameness until they have to be put down.  Not that you care, but now you know!!  At any rate, I've had him on some meds prescribed by another Vet in this office, since last October that have worked so well, Craig said he wouldn't have known if I hadn't told him.

The good news is (and to make a long story short), if I continue with the meds, he will live several more years and Craig sees no reason why I can't take him to the mountains to ride, once I get him in shape.  I'm so happy I can't stand myself!!!!!  After my recent loss, I just didn't think I could take another.  Here's my happy boy ... he'd be more happy if I gave him some grain, but that's not on his breakfast menu any more.
Now I can get back to planning/packing for the trip of my life ... Alaska here we come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment