Saturday, January 26, 2013

My First Time Ever!! In Quartzite That Is!!

A week in Indio at the FMCA Rally, a week in Yuma at Suni Sands and now a week boondocking in Quartzite!!  It just doesn't get any better.  Except in Quartzite, there is NO internet service worth speaking of.  My Sprint MiFi just doesn't get it!!  It seems the Sprint USB plug-in works better, but you have to have a Sprint phone and data account.  I currently have one of the few remaining unlimited AT&T data accounts that I don't want to let go of.  Won't someone please come up with something new???

We checked in at the Bureau of Land Management tent ... no charge, just checking in ...
and headed off to find "our" spot!!  Patty and Dan picked a good one!!
There are lots of nice Saguaro cactus around, all looking dead at the bottom, but apparently thriving at the top.  I could walk around the desert all day.  There is so much cool stuff to see!!
This one was dying in the embrace of a too close tree ... I named it "But I LOVE You"!!
Off to the Big Tent ... biggest I've ever seen.  We made a quick run through checking out Parks to stay at, doggie stuff, RV parts and pieces, clothing and LOTS of kettle corn.  I've never eaten so much kettle corn ... my favorite was Quartzite Dirt!!  

The next morning we were greeted with a nice sunrise ... how could you not love it here??
Day two and we're back at the tent, buying the Roadmaster Tow Defender for my Jeep ($399).  It fits over the hitch assembly and keeps rocks from being thrown up from the road.  Dan says this is a MUST for our Alaska trip this summer.  With Super Dan's RV Service being provided at no charge, I couldn't turn it down.  (Dans picture)
About the same time, I got a call from Davis Cabinetry about the installation of cabinets where my love seat is located, to allow for a recliner.  My before picture isn't the best, but you can see the couch on the end.  It makes into a bed, but so does the once across from it and I don't need two.  Besides, it's MUCH more comfortable to watch television from a chair.
While Dan installed the Tow Defender, Shaun took out the couch and installed the cabinets.  They match the existing cabinetry perfectly!!  Measured and ordered at FMCA, made in Oregon the following week and shipped to LA, he picked them up and drove to Quartzite to install them.  Now that's service!!  Soooo much more storage space.  The deck wasn't quite large enough for a chair, so they added a piece to make the deck area larger.  They did not have matching carpet, so I will have it covered at a later date.  Since matching drawer pulls take a month or so to get, he tied wire through for drawer pulls.  I really gave him a bad time about this ... but they will be shipped to my house.  The drawers are huge and allow for MUCH for flea market stuff!!!
Dan's installation didn't take long at all and I'm VERY happy with the idea of not having rocks hit the vehicle.  Easy to remove from the Jeep, it rolls up and stays on the back of the motorhome.  
BBQ'd steaks for dinner and campfire smores ended an awesome two days in the wilds of Arizona!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment