Sunday, January 20, 2013

Joanns, Walmart, Joanns, Sams, Walmart!!

You got it ... shopping day preparing for a week dry camping in the desert at Quartzite.   We hit Joanns Craft shop first, to find some yarn.  Patty and I both crochet and were looking for just the right colors to make throws for the RV.  At the Yuma Flea Market, one booth was selling plastic holders (with a hole in the bottom to feed the yarn through) ... which hang from a cabinet knob overhead.  Great idea for me to keep my dogs out of the yarn.  However I'm thinking a plastic Walmart bag would serve the same purpose.  A second trip to Joanns the same day yielded Patty enough for her throw and another color for mine.
The Suni Sands RV Park where we are staying has an exit in the back directly into Walmart.  Not only that, but you can bring the baskets back to your rig ... the manager drives around in his golf cart collecting them for return to Walmart.  VERY handy!!!  I must say this park is full of nice people, making up for the low voltage.  You just have to be up early to get the electricity you want!!!

Lunch at Cracker Barrel again ... can't beat this food!  It's more like home cooking than anywhere I've eaten and is reasonably priced.  The three of us ate huge meals for around $30.00.  I have enough leftovers for another full day.  I also really like their rocking chairs.  Wish I could fit two of them in my coach!!  Okay ... one!!!
Now for the Big Guy ... Sams!!  We don't have this store where I live in California, only a Costco.  I must say Sams seems to have more things that I would be interested in.  Some at much better prices.  We realized shortly that we should have come here and cruised the buffet for lunch.  No matter, even though we were full, we took full advantage of buffalo chicken wings, chimichangas, soy milk (yuck) and tortilla soup.
While Patty and I went back to Walmart for the tenth time, Dan installed a security light on my coach above the door.  The original light provided little illumination and I was looking for a motion-detector type.  At the FMCA rally, Dan pointed out the one he had that seemed to fit the bill.  It works perfectly!  I'm so excited ... now I can stay at Home Depot in Tehachapi and feel even more safe.  The light flashing even looks like a security system ... hoping this keeps the bogey men away!!  Oh .. and Dan replaced his old one with a new one also ... they have made some improvements well worth the money.  Funny what I can get excited about in my "old age"!!!
Back at the mobile ranch park, I asked Patty to walk around with me while I did some photography and keep me from getting run over.  Sometimes you just have to lay down in the road for the best shot.  Here's a couple examples of Snowbird Shangri-La!!
No one was living in this beautiful vintage Silver Streak.  We learned that the little rooms off to the side are called Arizona Rooms.  Some are fully enclosed, some not.  I just get the biggest kick out of these ... I've never seen anything like it.  Many are very old trailer-park like ... and many are the new park models.  Most residents seems to hail from Canada.
Time to pack up and get going to the next adventure.  Looking forward to the infamous Quartzite Flea Market!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment