Thursday, October 22, 2020

Up All Night

Isn't that a song?  I've been up all night long?  They probably didn't have in mind what I did however.  I have a sick puppy with diarrhea.  Let me tell you, there's nothing worse.  All three of us went to bed early because I couldn't stay awake on the couch.  

In two hours I heard whimpering and taps on the shoulder.  I have to give him credit for that part.  Poor Cooper couldn't run to the grass fast enough.  Finally ... back to sleep.  That lasted two hours.  Tap tap tap.

Big sigh.  I was up every 90 minutes the rest of the night.  That meant the craziest dreams you can imagine.  Things like my bad husband turning into a can because I wished him to go away.  I kid you not, a big can that creaked and crackled because he could no longer talk.

Next up a weird walk through the mall where some guy was hanging from the wall to demonstrate how passionate he was about cowboy gear.  

Next ... well they just get worse.  

The good news is that the ants have dissipated, after I spent another hour killing them one by one last night.  I went online to order the Ambro stuff, but Amazon refused to send it to my address.  I finally found it at Walmart of all places, and they are not only shipping it but it should arrive today.  Hoorah!!!

In the meantime, here's a picture of our field trip seed planting class.  Everyone gets a cup, dirt and two corn seeds.  They germinate even in the dark, so it's a sure thing for kids.   Sadly, they will never see any corn because it won't get pollinated.

There's no new news on the skunks, thank goodness but I seem to be inundated with pests.  What's up with that?  The weather is supposed to hit in the mid 80's day ... finally a cooler day.

 Too bad the skies have not been looking like this.  It's been too smoggy to even HAVE clouds. This picture is from last year.


 I did get to give a personal tour of the patch to a couple from Mariposa who came down just to see what an American farm looks like.  This is not only a pumpkin patch, but a working almond ranch.  The elder gentleman was very proud of the fact he was 88 years old.  Also that he had a 64 year old sister and a 5 year old son.  Yessirree ... a FIVE year old son along with his wife and mother-in-law.  He could barely walk, let alone do any of the activities.  The five year old certainly had a good time though.  You just never know who is going to show up at the door.

This morning after shuttling 100 kids around the Patch, I'll be taking a long lunch hour to check on the puppies, then hit the tractor for four hours.  Yeah I'm pretty tired, but am taking every opportunity to sit down.  I retired from getting supplies and now make the younger girls do it.  Finally my brain kicked in.

Total miles walked to date:  159.72


 


 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Poor Cooper! and you..yeah that disrupting sleep sucks and it does seem to bring out the weirdest dreams ever. Curious how old the 88 year old guys wife is? How rich is he?!! WOW...Good for you for delegating those girls to do the heavy lifting. Enjoy and hope your puppies will be ok when you check on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how much money he had, but his wife was VERY young!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh no.... poor Cooper. What a good dog to let you know when he has "to go". Congratulations on your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes he's good .... sometimes not so much! LOL

      Delete
  3. Poor Cooper makes for a rag-tag Nancy.
    Hope everything works out for you soon. Be Safe and Enjoy the Patch.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Cooper. Hope he gets better soon. Got to 80 today and I thought I was boiling to death. Very humid. 88 with a 5 year old. Don't think I could handle that. Passed my CDL drivers test today so I'm legal now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for CDL!!!! Congrats! Cooper is on the mend, thank goodness!

      Delete