Sunday, October 18, 2020

It Was Crazy At The Patch

I knew Saturday was going to be a beast.  I was proven right over and over again.  There was nothing typical yesterday.

First I ordered candy from Walmart to give out at Halloween.  It was terribly difficult NOT to open one for myself ... and so I did.  This is what I found.  Melted and looking terrible, but tasting just fine.  I can't give out this candy to the kids.

Irritated, I went online and did a return on all 3 boxes.  It said I could return it on Monday.  That's good because I've made sure I have Monday OFF.  When I hit the final button, it said to just keep the product.  Really?  60 Reeses peanut butter cups are mine?  Good grief ... there's probably 45 pounds I'll gain just sitting there!!


 I hit the Patch running at 9:30 and never stopped until 8:00 at night.  I lifted over 45 cases of Costco water, along with a dozen gallon jugs of snow cone syrup.  We have never seen so many people.  I mean to tell you, it was CRAY CRAY!!

We sold over 400 hot dogs, 500 nacho trays and a record setting 1100 snow cones until the machine finally broke.  Fifteen huge boxes of chips went out with the hotdogs along with around 20 cases of Costco soda.  It was epic.  So was the time I spent on my feet.  At this rate, I'll be stronger than ARNOLD (Schwarzenegger) in no time.

Today I'm sure will be another record-setter after the bosses frantically hit the stores to buy up everything they can get their hands on.  Yup .... I'm almost burned out, so I told them I needed Monday off.  I'm also begging off on the morning session every day this week.  I'm going to need a little more rest if I'm to make it to October 31.

Miles walked to date:  137.99
 

10 comments:

  1. Did you know One of the reasons why they don’t want it back
    https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-dec-12-2019-1.5393783/it-s-pretty-staggering-returned-online-purchases-often-sent-to-landfill-journalist-s-research-reveals-1.5393806

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in this case they knew what the problem was. Why they sent it out in the first place, I've no idea.

      Delete
  2. If you practice restraint and use the refrigerator that candy will last for years and act as an energy boost on the days you truly need it.
    Definitely setting records at the Patch. Might be time to consider a second Cone Machine.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Munchkins.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipes Using Peanut Butter Cups

    If you are looking for the BEST recipes using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, look no further! 50 tried and true recipes using peanut butter cups and leftover Halloween candy!

    www.lovefromtheoven.com/recipes-using-peanut-butter-cups/

    Good Luck.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YEAH!!!!! They definitely will not go to waste!!

      Delete
  4. I understand why you sold so many snow cones yesterday. It was hot! Can you freeze the candy? And bring some with when stop by in Wellton? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes Elva, I did put all those boxes in the freezer. I'll let you know when I'm headed that way.

      Delete
  5. Wowsa! That's a lot of food you sold! About the p.b. cups? Hallowe'en comes but once a year, don't regret a thing! Although Dave Burdick does have a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, those boxes probably won't last long at all. I'm going to need lots of boosts before the end of October.

      Delete