Friday, October 16, 2020

Long Hours At The Patch

There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day, not that I want to work any more than I am.  My ankle gave out (achilles tendon me thinks) and I had to resort back to my trusty cowboy boots.  The good news is my ankle is better ... my feet, not so much.

I had a very early 8:30 appointment with 100 kids and adults.  I'm pretty sure almost every single one of them bought a snowie.  That meant running back and forth between the snack bar and the ice machine.  Every once in awhile I would hit the button (by mistake of course) with no cup.  I would get a nice shower of shaved ice every time. 


 At noon they all left and we were open for pumpkin sales.  I spent the next two hours going over the order for product, then stocked the snack bar for the night crowd.  We were packed again.  It's amazing just how many people are crowding to the Pumpkin Patch.


 The only incident of the day was a bee sting.  Honey bees are in large supply, especially since they can smell the sweet snowie syrup a mile away.  Then there was the two ladies who came in, rode three attractions and asked for a refund because they didn't get to sit where they wanted.  It happens all the time.  You can almost predict just who will try that scam.  Needless to say, it doesn't work.

I spent the rest of the day and evening driving the tractor for the hay ride.  At least I was sitting down most of the time.  I love it when I hear "what a smooth ride". 

Today I won't be quite so lucky.  I have another 150 coming in at 9:00.  I asked for help in the snack bar, but don't know if it will happen.  The hard work will begin when they leave.  Dragging up 8 cases of water along with 10 cases of soda to get ready for the Friday night crowd.

It's movie night to boot, so we expect to be VERY busy.  I'd write more, but I'm pretty beat up and my brain is tired.  I'll check in with you tomorrow! 




8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun at the Patch! You are keeping busy! I bet it's fun watching the kiddos that visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really do have a blast. So many cute kids dressed in their costumes and we catch up on a lot of long lost friends.

      Delete
  2. Tell you what, I'll give you a free ride under the tractor, now just lay down here on this pathway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing the scams that people try to get away with. I like Dave's idea...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is ... they just don't know who they are dealing with here! LOL

      Delete
  4. I don't know how you do it. Sounds like you love it though so keep at it. It'll be November before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I'm more tired this year than ever, but it's a lot of fun, I work with great people and I make money. You can't beat that!

      Delete