Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I Love My Couch

Although I sometimes wish I wasn't sitting on the couch so often (like the last nine months), yesterday I LOVED my couch.  I got up, fed the dogs and hit the cushions.  I even took a break from my cushion sitting to eat one of those Reeses candy bars I got for free.


 Pretty soon, although rested a little, I required a trip to the grocery store.  The kids were out of necessities.  I had plenty of lean cuisines for me, but Jonathan seeds and puppy food were at a minimum.  It was eye opening to discover just how tired I was.  Maybe it was lack of brain cell usage, but my ATM pin number escaped me.  

Talk about a senior moment ... I had to use my credit card.  Of course just as I signed my name, I remembered the number.  I'm sure that was from lack of use.  It's been over a month, which means I need to get back to shopping.  Overuse will surely help me remember.

My latest treasure trove of phony coffee did not come from that trip.  Quite by accident I found a package of four at Walmart Online.  You could order two, which of course I did.  Then I did it again and again until my cupboard was full.  I was ecstatic since I was down to three cans.

 

Back to the couch I went where I lounged for most of the day.  That's when I remembered to check the skunk trip.  Was I successful?  Wait for it ......................... YES!  The trap was sprung!  My first thought was what the heck do I do now?  Where am I going to take it?

I picked it up, hearing nothing.  I walked all the way back to the house to get a flashlight so I could see inside.  Oh DARN!!  Nothing.  The sly creature had escaped.  The good news is there were no more holes in my fence line.  I reset the trap with peanuts this time.  I think maybe the skunks are smarter than me.
 


And so my long day of rest ended.  I wish I had three more, but there are small 50-100 kid schools coming every day this week.  It will be 8:30 to 7:00 for the next twelve days.  I just keep thinking of the money and how fun it is to drive the tractor.  

 

 

8 comments:

  1. You forgot the money you are saving while not shopping. LOL.
    Glad your traps are working.
    Be Safe and Enjoy driving the tractor.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT'S the truth! I'm saving LOTS of money!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's one they have, but mine in the orange one. Love this stuff.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes Elva ... it's going to be a long work week!! Crazy, but the money is good.

      Delete
  4. You are a busy girl! Hopefully you do take it easy on days off..That is alot of coffee! Love Reeses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I play it right, I just might get 6 months out of that coffee!!!

      Delete