Friday, October 9, 2020

Short and Sweet

I'm late .... I'm late.  Due to a supply shortage, which I enumerated several times, I was at the Patch by noon, trying to smooth over ruffled feathers.  At least I finally got SOMETHING done.  I picked up some of those last-forever light bulbs for the outside garage lights.  It's pretty dark back in this corner, the perfect setting for skunks and burglars.

And spiders.  Why in the world they like these lights, I've no idea, but they were full of spider webs.  Once cleaned out and bulbs plugged in, they all came on to shine brightly after dark.   That makes me feel better at night when things go boom and I'm wandering around ready to shoot someone.  Of course, that's exactly what happened.


 After a hard day of tractor driving and snow cone training ... they can now all make beautiful cones with minimal drippage ... I hit the hay as soon as I got home.  Suddenly I was awake.  I SWEAR someone tapped on my window.  I heard it clear as day.  Even the puppies barked and growled.

There's no sound in the world that will wake me up faster, and there's no "thing" in the world that taps on your glass except a human.  There have been reports of a guy with a backpack wandering around, even went in some gal's back yard.  

I jumped up as quietly as a mouse and snuck around the entire house peeking out the window cracks.  Nothing.  Boy I hate that, because then it takes two hours to get back to sleep.  

Just for fun, and speaking of train rides, this is a rare picture of the train going to Silverton from Durango.  The train today follows the same path, so if you are ever in the area, definitely check out this one.  It's sweet!!  Look at the telegraph poles!


So .... lucky me ..... we have a huge group of kids coming in this morning at 9:00.  It should be interesting trying to keep them separated from the pumpkin-buying people who are not allowed to ride the attractions, get the kids OUT at noon, pumpkin buyers out at 2:00 and open for the public at 3:00.  

Add to all that it's movie night and I'm pretty sure our newly ordered supplies won't be coming in until tomorrow.  OH THE FUN!! 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Birds have also been known to peck at windows and you would sweat it's human.
    Of course if someone has noticed that you often leave and are gone for extended periods they could be casing your home.
    Take your pick.
    If the movies don't arrive on time then it might be a re-run night.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Patch.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could have been a bird ... but at 9:30 at night? I even thought maybe my neighbor kids ... they are the kind that would do that for a joke.

      Delete
  2. Two things that you can do.. why don’t you change your lights to motion sensor lights they make electric ones that require electricity and they also make solar powered ones you can stick those anywhere the sensor could get the sun the other thing that you can do is get with a call ring you put it by your front door and anybody comes it becomes a doorbell you download an app which goes to your phone so you can answer the door with your phone you can also put one or two in the back of the house that does the same thing so you’re not only have motion sensor lights do you haveVideo monitor to your phone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to get the video monitor, I just have to have an internet connection. All I have now is a MiFi. Working on it though.

      Delete
  3. Hoping you do have a gun for self defense if needed? Scary! I've always thought the train ride would be fun, but looking at that picture not so sure LOL..Hopefully movie night goes off with out a hitch...be careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ... you should see me sneaking around the house looking out the windows. If there was someone trying to get in, they wouldn't last long.

      Delete
  4. Might have been a bird seeing itself in the window and pecking at its reflection...I have seen that and heard that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be too ... it was just so late at night, I didn't think they would come out.

      Delete
  5. If you shoot someone be sure to pull them inside :))

    ReplyDelete