Saturday, October 31, 2020

The Last Day Of The Pumpkin Patch

You probably can't see me jumping up and down with excitement!!  At long last (and it has been a LONG month), the Pumpkin Patch will close today at 5:00.  It's been the weirdest year ever and I'm glad to see it come to a close.  Working 9-10 hours a day every day can be a chore, although the people really do make it fun.

After making a list and checking it twice ... no wait, that's Santa Clause ... after checking my storage containers and finding them almost empty, I made up my daily we-are-out-of list and passed it on to the big boss for procurement.   I expect to run out of everything today.


 I base my projections on what we did the day before.  About half that number magically arrives in my container three hours later, meaning we are always running out of tortilla chips and hot dogs.  

It was a weird day, back to very hot and looking like smoke.  I truly wished I had my big camera when I saw the moon coming up over the corn.  It was fabulous, but my now miscreant phone wouldn't capture the true beauty.

Lucky for all of us workers, there was no movie night this time, nor was there even a second that I could sneak away to visit the goats.  I barely kept up with the huge soda and water ice chests, let alone everything else.  What I AM happy about is how excited people were just to get out of their house and visit us.

MANY people came from over two hours away, just to be outside.  We were at capacity again, having to actually shut down the entrance.  I expect today to be no different.

Almost all of the little ones are wearing their costumes.  You should see them!  I would love to post pictures, but you know how that goes.  Most people do not want pictures of their little kids on the internet and nowadays, they are right.  

Although my cold has now moved down a few notches and I'm starting the coughing stage, it's holding off enough for me to head out for the last day!!  I am SO looking forward to getting to know my couch again tomorrow, because tonight is Halloween-get-your-candy night!!!

Total miles walked to date:  216.81
 

10 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I bet you are going to relax for a few days after today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a week at least!! Oh my gosh, it's so nice not to HAVE to be anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Finally! Bet you'll remember this Halloween season 🤪.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been one of the biggest and longest on record. I'm happy it's over.

      Delete
  3. You'll appreciate walking at least a mile or two every day so you don't experience the pain of your muscles loosening up and finding those lost eleven.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the down season.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes .... I'm going to have to make myself do that for sure!!

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy a nice, well earned, day(s) off now that the Patch is closing. I know the puppies will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puppies are ecstatic!! Sleeping at my feet as I type!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy some down time, you deserve it! I agree that your puppies must be thrilled to have Momma home again! :)

    ReplyDelete