Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Halloween Is Coming .......

Are you ready?  Halloween is my favorite holiday.  I doubt I will get around to carving this pumpkin, but here's my inspiration.  I thought for sure I would have time this week since I've been getting time off in the mornings.  That just came to a screeching halt last night.


 We have had so many people coming in to purchase pumpkins that my hours have been increased.  Starting today, I'm working from 10-2 selling pumpkins, setting up the snack bar, then driving tractor from 3-7.  At least I'll be sitting down, if only part of the time!!  

Not a great picture, captured on the run.  These are the giveaway pumpkins for the school kids.


 Also available are these decorator gourds .. thousands of them!!  They have some of the weirdest shapes and colors (we call them the aliens) not to mention they will last until past Christmas.


 I spent most of the day making up the shopping list for this week.  I'm very glad to say it's not me doing the shopping.  I need 75 cases of water, 60 cases of soda and 30 boxes of Lays potato chips, along with 20 boxes of Doritos.  That's a grocery bill I don't want to see.


 Then it came to finding the Carnival King plastic trays for nachos.  They can only be ordered on the internet.  Thirty minutes later, those were taken care of, but it took me two trips to the Patch to finish up.  I was tired and I didn't even DO anything.


 The last problem of the day was to take care of Apple Pay.  We don't HAVE Apple Pay, but the smarter-than-us girls working the counter charged up lots of meals to it Saturday and Sunday.  All this week there will be MORE training sessions!!!

At some point I hope to go buy candy to give out.  Nothing is stopping Halloween around here ... which means I must find some kind of costume.  This year I can be either a vampire, the Mad Hatter or a witch .... if I can squeeze my RONA body into the costume that is.



8 comments:

  1. Good to see that nothing is stopping Halloween there. Our granddaughter in Pennsylvania called us and said "They canceled Halloween because of The Sickness" Cute but sad all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's too bad. Locals here think it's all political and not what it's cracked up to be. They are careful, but are not about to give up Halloween.

      Delete
  2. Glad to read you are still keeping yourself Extra busy.
    Lots of interesting Pumpkin shapes, sizes and colours.
    At this rate you'll have no problem fitting in your costume.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Rick ... those were my exact thoughts!!! I'll be able to get in that costume with NO problem!!

      Delete
  3. One day leave your gator bottle out in the sun and let it get hot and then try drinking it that way.. we do it a lot and taste better. Just like hot Dr Pepper.. I’m surprised what product you use in the course of an event I’m sure the rodeo committee knows exactly what they’ve spent and utilize year after year so when you have Coca-Cola distributors Sysco and US food Companies like these you call tham with your yearly order They deliver it on a pallet.. Re-order when you’re down to the last pallet plus There wholesale company So your profit goes up. And if you had a wheeled pallet jack it would save you a lot of work to move the pallet closer to the workstations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do that Ed. They are usually more prepared with pallets of product, but this year didn't know if they were going to open until a week before. Playing catch up now.

      Delete
  4. I know in Sacramento Area they had canceled Halloween before we left. Now HOW does this make sense? The powers to be wants everyone in a MASK (even though there is evidence these masks do nothing) and so they CANCEL a annual event where just about EVERYONE wears a mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty silly, right? All those kids in masks would be perfect. They can cancel it all they want, but it's still going on around here!!

      Delete