Monday, October 29, 2012

What Happened Yesterday????

THE GIANTS WON !!!  THE GIANTS WON !!!  They won the Series and are now WORLD CHAMPS!!!!   Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys!!!  Finally the TV announcers are FORCED to give them their due.  These guys played their hearts out the last 14 games.  Thanks to Brian Wilson and Sergio Romo, the entire team has been kept loose and laughing.  I watched this in Atlanta in 2010 as well as the 2010 World Series.  I heard a couple of negative comments about their antics from announcers and other players, but obviously it works, keeping them relaxed rather than so uptight they can't hit!!   I got right on the computer and ordered my new SF Giants World Series jacket!!!!  Everyone is wearing their colors around town ... honking, waving and yelling at each other!!  There's nothing like baseball camaraderie!!  Congratulations Guys!!!
I lost my voice screaming last night and couldn't write this morning.  Just kidding ... I did wake up pretty hoarse sounding, but my morning workout time has been changed to 9:00 am which leaves me no time to write.  By the time I feed and medicate everyone, I have to leave.  

Halloween is upon us.  My friend Diane and I miss this holiday.  We used to dress up in some crazy costumes at work ... but since being retired, don't get to join in.  Actually, they quit doing it since we left!!!   The Wicked Witch of the West is me, complete with green spray-painted face and hands ... Diane is on my left.  We two would come up with ideas, gather our costumes together, then help everyone else with theirs so the entire office was in costume.
This year we happened to find 8 dresses alike at Goodwill (brand new ones) ... added several more from the internet, and became the Stepford Workers.  Everyone in the office was dressed exactly the same except the cat.  I made the hats, Diane got the gloves.  So much fun!!!
One year we were all brides of some sort.  I was the Dead Bride in the white dress on the left (found the dress in a bridal shop and took a can of black spray paint to it!!) ... Miss Piggy Bride, Harley Bride, Vampire Bride ... you get the picture!!  The black stripe across my face is a worm, glued to my cheek so it was coming out of my eye!!!  What fun!!  Our boss even got in the picture this year ... he was the minister on the right!!!  The guy proposing is .. you guessed it ... Peter.  We worked together for 8 years!!  We even got the guys to dress up.
I should join the local Playhouse ... dressing up is fun fun fun!!!

Next adventure ... Disneyland and Las Vegas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment