Friday, October 26, 2012

Contortion City ... The Art of Pitching!!!

I seriously don't know how these guys can pitch as fast and hard as they can and still get that little bitty ball over that also little bitty plate!!  The contortions are almost unworldly.  My camera will take pictures very fast ... as many in a row as I wish.  I thought it might be interesting to see what these guys look like when throwing that strike.  This is Tim Lincecum, currently the Giants relief pitcher in the World Series.  He was pitching in game one in this series of images.
After getting ready, he pulls back ...
Starts his forward momentum .... His whole body is already heading towards the plate.  They keep their ball hand hidden until the last second so the hitter can't see his fingers and determine what he's going to throw ... The balance here is amazing!!
Ball still hidden, he's practically doing the splits ....
Planting his left foot, the ball finally comes up and he's heading towards release ...
Look at the stress and muscles in his right arm as he unwinds and lets it go ...  In some of my pictures, their wrist looks like its broken ...
Follow through ... if you don't follow through correctly, the ball goes wild ... and they play the embarrassing song "Wild One"!!!!!  They played it for Verlander.
So I'm in my back yard, throwing the ball for the dogs and think ...  I should try this.  Haven't we all done this??  Okay, just me ... anyway, the ball went all of 30 feet, 10 feet off the mark I was throwing at.  Tim pitches at 90-94 miles an hour ... I think mine was 5 mph ... and I'm sure I threw my back out!!!

Two more quick pics ... they play dancing songs between innings, and grandma was really getting with it.  They have cameras EVERYWHERE, so there's a good chance you will be on the big screen.  They also have a "Kiss Cam" ... where you have to kiss the person you are sitting next to ... hopefully your boyfriend.  In one instance, the guy was married, but was with his "girlfriend".  Boy did he get in trouble!!!
You never know who will show up ... Joe Montana, MC Hammer ... no really, they WERE here.  Arnold has showed up a couple of times, Robin Williams, lots of celebrities show up for the Playoff Games and they all get on the big screen.
Here's to the Giants ... they travel to Detroit today and play tomorrow.  Good Luck Guys!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment