Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Last Day in Paradise :(

Friday was a "hang out at the pool and relax" day.  We were greeted that morning by a beautiful sunrise ...
We had more Maui Fish Tacos ... we are both REALLY going to miss those!!  Next thing I hear Patty saying "quick ... get your camera!!"  Outside our window was another gecko ... I thought I heard something about insurance ... so grabbed my camera and jumped up on the chair for a closer shot.  He was a cutie!!!  Then I grabbed Patty's camera to take one for her and was totally embarrassed by her point and shoot that I couldn't seem to work!!!  After about six tries, I got an acceptable one.
Saturday morning, another nice sunrise!!
After spending the evening packing, I was pretty confident that my luggage was definitely lighter.  We loaded up and headed to the rental car return.  The guy almost had a hernia moving my big red bag that was to be checked, but I figured he was just a wimp!!  After all, I sent TWO boxes back and Patty sent one!!  Before we left, I weighed it in at 48 pounds ... no problem, as you are allowed 50.  Well I guess you know where this is going ... we checked in and it weighed 55!!  This usually costs you an additional $50, but the very nice lady just put a big tag on it that said "Heavy" (which I think they would have figured out) ... and sent it through with no extra charge.  Love Hawaiian Air!!

It was a tough day however ... both Patty's carryon and my camera bag were also really heavy. We did not have seats together on the airplane ... so thankfully, nice gentlemen helped both of us get our bags in the overhead compartments.  I think I'll go back to the gym!!!  We did make it however ... and I have to give it up big time for Hawaiian Airlines.  The crew coming back were the nicest I have ever flown with.  They have brought back free meals ... and my teriyaki chicken with rice, salad and awesome cake ... not only was excellent food that we ate with a REAL fork, but they gave out free glasses of wine, red or white.  I totally felt like I was in first class!!!!

So we both made it home ... Patty just called from Tucson ... and my doggies are thrilled!!!  Now to break out my sewing machine and work on all the projects I bought in Arizona and Hawaii at the quilt shops!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment