Sunday, October 7, 2012

Maui Time!!!

3:00 am here, to be exact!!!!  Here's the story!  After getting up at 3:30 am "California" time, Patty and I headed out to the Sacramento Airport for our flight to Honolulu, then on to Maui.  It makes for a very long day by the time the final plane lands.  On the first flight, I had two people in front of me snoring so loudly I could barely hear the movie, along with a small child who never quit talking ... loudly!!   Patty had a complainer!!  But all is well ... we are going to HAWAII!!
We landed in Honolulu and make a hasty exit to find the next leg of our flight from the inter-island terminal.   Within 15 minutes, my flight loaded while Patty waited across the walkway for her flight, 30 minutes later.  We met up again in Maui ... and the adventure began!!  Once we acquired our Ford Explorer (gee this thing is big!!) we drove 20 minutes to the condo, with Patty oohing and aahing over the flora and fauna!!  Surprisingly the condo has new tile floors and new carpet!!  I really hope they keep up the remodeling.  It could use a little TLC!!
While I scanned every channel on the television looking for the Giants-Cinncinati baseball playoff game, Patty made up our grocery list.  We should have stopped at K-Mart on the way here.  Wow have prices gone up ... except for gas.  It is the same here as in California!!  We found this beauty at the store ... one of my favorite breakfast items.
After a quick fix dinner of roasted chicken and salad, the sunset beat out the Giants game.  I grabbed my camera and we ran across the street to watch our first Maui Sunset.  I have to say it's not as awesome as the sunrise in Vail Arizona (see Dan's Blog) ... but it's nice to be greeted by this kind of beauty on the island.



 By 7:00 pm our time, the game was over and we were exhausted from hauling that heavy luggage everywhere.  I really did pack light ... it was the two sets of snorkeling fins and gear!!!  Unfortunately, I'm still on California time ... which means it was 3:00 am when I got up this morning ... but sitting here listening to the waves hit on the beach just 50 yards outside the patio door, makes up the the bleary eyes and lack of sleep.  Yup ... it's a gorgeous day in paradise!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment