Monday, June 26, 2023

Truck To The Doctor

 It couldn't be much nicer in sunny California, but that is all going to change VERY soon.  I'm trying to get things done before I hit the road and get out of Dodge.  

Here's my trusty steed that's going to the Doctor this morning, so it's going to be a short blog.  I'm having them check the air filter, then the air mass sensor.  I'm thinking she has low blood pressure that needs to be amped up a bit.  


Knowing I'm leaving in a few short days, I fueled up at the cheapest in town ... $4.69 a gallon.  Keep in mind I have a 50 gallon fuel tank.  It turned into a very expensive day!!  We will be knocking on the Doctor's door at 7:30.


Since the Jeep hasn't been driven ... and also needed a drink ... I took her to the grocery store, then to the same gas station.  I dropped another $55.00 on gas before buying groceries for $65 and getting $100 in cash. You never know when you're going to need a little moolah on the road.  It was a wallet reducing $370 day!!!

Being completely bored in the afternoon, even after I had shut everything down for the duration, I started it all back up again to work on this little wall hanging.  Honest, the colors don't look anything like this in person.  I don't know why my phone mutilates the colors so much since the last two updates.


I even played around trying to get it fixed a bit.  Selfies are not my thing, but at least this one proves I'm still alive and kicking.


That's it ... I'm off to the repair shop.  Hopefully I'll have some information about my truck soon.  If not, I may be making the trip in the Jeep ... the SMALL crowded uncomfortable to drive for any length of time JEEP .... with no fifth wheel attached.





8 comments:

  1. That's an expensive day! Let's hope the doctor gives you good news and your wallet does not take another hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not holding my breath on that one. I'm sure my wallet will be crying!!!

      Delete
  2. Let's pray truck fix is an easy, cheap one!
    You don't need more expensive days like yesterday.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been lucky with my truck so far. Fingers Crossed.

      Delete
  3. Fingers Crossed that they treat you right today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things worked out and the truck is an easy cheap fix. Glad to read that your little buddie Cooper is doing better. Good job on the puzzle. Interesting information about growing rice. Why am I not surprised you would enjoy driving big equipment...😊 Nice selfie you are looking good there lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I would never have driven that Class A for ten years without that early experience!!

      Delete