Wednesday, June 14, 2023

The Nights Of Bingo

The heat is on as we climb the ladder over the next four days.  We've been loving these 80 degree overcast days like no other, but 96 is on the horizon.  I can't wait to hear the grinding hum of my air conditioning that will cost me NOTHING.  Well not exactly, I did raid my savings account for the solar panels.

That means we were comfortable sitting on the couch all day yesterday.  Cooper seemed to be a little bright around the edges, which means it's getting harder to fool him into eating the pills.  Everything was going great until he began to scratch his chin with his hind leg.  That's a no-no!

I called the Vet who was no help whatsoever.  If I put the collar on him, it might be worse.  If I DON'T, it might be worse.  Thank you ... I really needed that good advice, so off to Bingo I went ... no collar ... hoping I would be distracted by the crowd and not worry.  Bingo never fails.


My Lady in Waiting was again gone, whereupon I finally remembered she had knee surgery.  I was hoping my SECOND in waiting would be on time, but that was not to be.  I opened the doors ten minutes early since I had to count AND run the infernal machine.  That threw everyone off.  No one seemed to be able to pick the cards they normally buy.

How can they tell?  Because every single player knows EXACTLY how much they spend every week.  When I tell them something different, we have to go through their stack and figure out why.  It will be bad juju if they don't play the exact same thing every week.  JUJU can be deadly.

To add to the confusion, the Mini-Me Infernal Debit Card Machine decided it wasn't going to play fair.  Time and time again, it refused cards ... something it does not normally do.  One lovely peasant had a stack of at least 15 cards in her hand, trying to use one after the other.  

DECLINED ... DECLINED!  I love it when it says Card Failure ... which means I give them the spiel.  Take it out and rub it on your jeans, then put it back in the machine.  They look at me like I'm crazy.  Sometimes I am, but not when it comes to this critter sitting on my table.  I hate to say this, but it's probably all the dirt and sweat on the card that needs to be cleaned off before it will work.

Sure enough ... Mini-Me then runs it through and we are good.  Makes you wonder though ... how come you have so many bank debit cards, all of which are declined?  

At last my helper showed up and we ran that line down in a flash.  Let the games begin!  There was only one big argument about whose name was tattooed on that particular chair at the end of the table.  If that's where they sat the last time they won, it is now the ONLY place they can sit in the entire house.  

Tempers flared and the Knights came to their rescue.  Someone was going to lose that battle, whereupon they usually come back to my table and slam their papers down, demanding a refund.  We are happy to oblige since they will then leave the building, just like Elvis!

The rest of the night went pretty well, except for the complaints about the prices of food going up.  Inflation has also hit Bingo.  That $5.00 hamburger and fries went up to $5.50.  It's STILL cheaper than any fast food joint in town.  I don't think we have raised prices in over two years.  Remember who you vote for next time.

And so ended another night of Bingo as I raced home to be sure my best friend was doing okay.  He was OH so happy to see me.  There is something to say about having a dog instead of a husband.


This morning Cooper seems to be on the mend.  It took four days to see somewhat of a smile on his face, so Mom is a happy camper.  We've still got five more days before the B A L L can come out to play.  At least I can now get off the couch for an hour or so.  I really need to find some summer clothes to wear.  Yes I did order three shirts from Amazon and none of them fit.  Whatever happened to going to an actual store to buy clothes???


10 comments:

  1. So happy Cooper is doing better.
    Everything I order from Amazon never fits. The stores here are empty!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm so surprised. I thought this was the only area with no shopping. The stores that are open are all discount and thrift stores and everything on Amazon is made in China.

      Delete
  2. Pets are usually so much happier to see you then spouses, what is up with that!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the answer to that ... I might still be married! LOL

      Delete
  3. Here at my sister's I have to empty our tanks into a Blue Tote and haul it around to the other side of the house. Takes about 5 minutes from when I go through the fence to when I return...and Indy is SO HAPPY that I came back! Dogs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they funny? You can be gone just a couple of minutes and they miss you. I love it!!

      Delete
  4. I can't shop clothes online, wish I could for sure! Glad Cooper is doing better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes you wonder just who buys from those hundreds of adds I see all day long. LOL

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that Cooper is doing better, day by day. Yes, our 🐕's know how to show true devotion, don't they?
    Shopping? I have pretty good luck online, garage sales, thrift stores and in stores. I think it is my calling!! Haha. Even the discards at the Mat fit me great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed that ... and you always look so great. I think maybe it's your sense of style. The thrift stores here are really trashy so I don't go there. Online stuff seems to fall apart the first time it's washed.

      Delete