Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Full Moon Setting!!

Good morning California.  It's a cool 55 degrees this morning with daytime temperatures in the mid 80's.  It's usually so hot this time of year we are all roasting and passing out on the street corners.  We've been threatened with extinction due to the heat of global warming for so long that everyone is shocked at the current state of the state.  I'm just happy not to be sitting on the couch sweating ... or "glowing" as the case may be.  

Once again, it's BINGO time so I girded my loins (whatever that means) and put on my armor in order to have a better chance when it came to the peasants.  Why you ask?  Because just three short days ago, it was full moon rising.  You know what that means!!


All night long I kept saying ... is it a full moon?  The peasants in the Kingdom were quite restless.  So was I when I discovered my Lady In Waiting wasn't going to show up to set up my entire station for the night.  Well that's not good!!

Then I got a text message from my Castle Counter.  She wasn't showing up either!  Good grief ... I knew the King was going to be gone, but three other Castle Helpers were ALSO gone.  It was going to be a long LONG night as the full moon was barely starting to set.

I frantically began calling any and all helpers.  I was immensely relieved that one said she could show up for a couple of hours and count.  YAY!!!  At least I won't be trying to run the infernal machine left handed while counting with my right!!

It happened that this night was also payday for the locals.  That meant a BIG crowd of 132 people and a very long line because the counting went a little slower than normal.  Oh how the crowd gets testy when the line doesn't go down sufficiently fast enough.  I'm sure the roar could be heard outside.  I even had to ask them to quiet down so I could hear!!

We were humming right along until SHE came to the table.  She wanted to buy cards for HALF the night.  The FIRST half.  I'm sorry ... we don't do that.  YES YOU DO, I'VE BOUGHT THEM BEFORE!  

Yikes .... is it a full moon?  You can buy the LAST half of the night for half price, but we do not sell just the first half.  If you buy in, then have an emergency, we can refund what you don't use.  Really, I don't want to get this started, because if ONE does it, they will ALL do it!!!

She ran straight to the Head Knight and complained.  Wasn't I surprised when he stated we had never done that EVER.  He also told her that I was in charge ... and whatever I said GOES!  Wow ... thank you!!  I sold her the whole shebang.  She came back at half time and said she had to leave.  Her anxiety was too high and she just couldn't play any more.  

Full moon setting came out in spades as she demanded half of all the money she spent, even for the games she already played.  That's not happening girlfriend ... and lucky for me, she stomped off, hopefully never to return!!


There was one more BIG effect of the full moon.  The cards are numbered, along with the boxes.  Never EVER get them mixed up.  Just to be sure, I marked every box so they would go out in order.  Apparently the strong magnetic pull of the moon messed up the printing presses.  

Out of every box there are an exact number of big winners.  On this night the first $250 bingo had to be split between four winners.  That's not too bad ... they deal with that pretty well ... but when the next few bingos came up with six and SEVEN winners who have to divide up that $250, the pitchforks came out and the torches were lit.

Is it a full moon???  Goodness gracious the uproar was palpable!!  I quickly ran back to find all the boxes in perfect order.  The pitchforks pointed at me were instantly headed towards the caller.  Whew ... I dodged a bullet there!

I ended up staying quite late since half of the crew went home early and only three were left running the entire place.  I'm not sure how we went from 17 helpers down to 3, but it happens from time to time.  Finally home, I crashed on the couch with my good buddy Cooper, who of course wanted to play for the next hour.  

I'm currently running on caffeine.  It's going to take three cups this morning since company is coming in a couple of hours.  It's good to have company because it makes me clean the house, my least favorite sport.  

Hope y'all have a great day!!!!





10 comments:

  1. A full moon does crazy things to people!
    Enjoy your company!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny ... must be the magnetic pull! LOL

      Delete
  2. Fun times once again at Bingo LOL. Yes, enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure glad Cooper is doing better. Funny, BINGO is a game of odds...they love it when the odds point to a single winner, but when the odds point to six winners the pitchforks come out. Yet, when a Billion Dollar Powerball winner happens, the thoughts of others are, "Why couldn't I have shared in on that jackpot."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, if I were lucky enough to get a bingo, I would be disappointed in just a $30 payout! LOL

      Delete
  4. Here's my Cool Whip pie recipe! Buy the big tub of Cool Whip.
    Then in the baking section get a Graham Cracker pie crust.
    Also decide between the Lemon Curd or Key Lime filling. Both are in Glass Jars. Dump which ever flavor into a bowl then add about 2/3 of cool whip to taste! Then dump the mixture into pie filling and put in refrigerator to set up. Maybe an hour - THE BEST and NO COOKING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy does that sound GOOD!! I'm going to try it. Thank you!!!!

      Delete
  5. I read another blog this morning about an unruly crowd at bingo. What the hell is wrong with bingo players?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get pretty crazy, that's for sure. Some are fanatics with a gambling addiction. Not a good combination.

      Delete