Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Light Bulb

 This is my brain working triple overtime trying to figure out what the heck I can do for Cooper.


This was my brain Tuesday night when I finally figured it out.  It exploded and the light bulb turned on.  I had an inkling all along that he was allergic to something.  I just kept thinking the meds the vet gave me would HELP the problem and not BE the problem.  


Here's Cooper this morning.  Just look at that happy face and those shoes spread all over the carpet.  That means he was having a blast hiding the ball in them, then digging it out again.  How could that be when he was so crazy for the last few days?  


On Tuesday morning, I quit giving him everything.  No pills of any kind.  Not the tranquilizer pills, not the antibiotic and not his pills for old bones.  I threw away the neosporin and the cortisone cream also.  Nothing ... he got nothing for one whole day and night.

VOILA!!!  He's a new dog.  I thought it might be an allergic reaction, I just couldn't figure out WHAT was causing it.  He's a new boy!!  He's not itching, not running in circles, NOTHING!  

Of course all this AFTER I finally convinced the vet to give me an appointment today, AFTER I ordered that shirt and AFTER I bought some Benadryl (which I did not use).  I imagine it was a combination of something ... I just don't know what.  So Judith, you were on the right track.  I'm pretty sure the cortisone cream was a BIG part of it.

So today we are going to the vet and I'm going to see if SHE can figure it out.  That should be fun!!  I'm just so sad it took me so long!!

Otherwise, I kept myself occupied with this.  It's a baby shower gift.  My brain was so over fried that this took me awhile.  I took off early to my least favorite Walmart store to find the Benadryl and some baby clothes for the newest arrival.  Not to my family ... but to someone from the Elks Lodge.  I rarely get invited to these things, so I tried my best to accommodate the requests.

No cards ... bring a book instead and sign it.  Hmmm ... that's a new one on me.  Also, bring a package of baby wipes and you will get a raffle ticket.  A raffle at a baby shower??  Not really knowing what I was doing, I ordered that online.  One package, right?  I got a box of SIX packages.  I'm giving two in the hopes I can WIN the raffle!!  Anyone need some baby wipes??

Now to wrap up my presents.  I'm pretty sure this baby wrapping paper is as old as the mom.  No kidding, it's at LEAST 25 years old, having been hiding in my closet forever.  I found the ribbon at Walmart in the section with all of SIX rolls of ribbon.  They don't carry that stuff here any more.  What??  REALLY?

I wrapped it up all pretty with bows and ribbons, only to turn around and find three more outfits laying on the table that I forgot to put in the box.  Big sigh ... I ripped it apart like it was my Christmas present!!  Thank goodness I had enough paper to do it all again!!


That's it folks ... the exciting adventurous life of a single Dog Mom with a brain WAY overcooked on worry.  It's a big relief to figure out both of these problems.  

On to bigger and better things!!!!


14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you figured out it is an allergy.
    I use Corona salve on my animal for cuts or sores it works really well. Tractor Supply has it.
    Enjoy the baby shower.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... I'll see if I can find it here.

      Delete
  2. Any medication’s you give to your dog you could also look those side effects up online on the veterinarian sites . Or Process of elimination were he’s fine now just give him a quarter dose of one product each day and watch there for the reaction each day
    I know when I’m hungry I have a PPJ sandwich and it calms me down so I know it works 🤡👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan. I sure would like to know what's causing all this.

      Delete
  3. But what caused the irritation to begin with before the meds were added to his life? Could have been a bite, a spur, something...so that garment you ordered could come in handy if it happens again. Bubba use to have terrible seizures which took place before and after Marcia and I married in 2011. Saw a commercial for a flea, tick, heart-worm medication that Bubba had been taking since he was two years old, and the commercial, in the fast talking at the end, talked about how it can cause seizures. We took him off that medication and BINGO, the seizures went away for the most part, and were not nearly as severe as when he was on the meds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ... I would like to know what caused it too. He had a small cyst that got infected ... or so the Vet says. I'm going to keep working on it because the itching continues.

      Delete
  4. A few years ago I went to a baby shower in Yuma. Bring a box of diapers and you qualify for a raffle. Whoa...who knew diapers were so expensive??? Glad you figured out Cooper's problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well MOST of Cooper's problem. Yup that's it ... only this one said diapers or baby wipes. Baby wipes were cheaper! LOL

      Delete
  5. Very glad to hear Cooper had a good day! (Benadryl isn't a bad thing to have on had for humans too.....or so my OLD nurse friend says). Once in a great while, she uses it for sleep. I can't; it revs me UP. Anyway, will be interesting to hear what the vet says. So glad you are relieved. It is awful when the critters important to us are having a hard time...they can't SAY anything. I was tickled to hear you went through the trial of re-wrapping a package. Been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith it makes me feel SO much better that I'm am not alone in the rewrap department! I sleep very well with Benadryl!!

      Delete
  6. Benadryl is our staple in black fly and mosquito season.
    Cute baby gifts and new ideas for these showers.
    Hope this is the end of Coopers troubles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking not the end exactly, but at least he's better. Benadryl can work wonders for those nasty black flies.

      Delete
  7. Whew!! What a blessing for Cooper and Mom.
    Would be nice to know which med is the culprit.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ... and what caused the entire problem in the first place!!

      Delete