Thursday, April 4, 2019

I Promised You A Ghost Town

I'm so sorry to say that's not going to happen today.  I seem to be falling further behind.  It's my own fault ... too many hours driving that one day and lack of sleep has me dragging.  Oh to be my puppy Jessie, who can crash at the drop of a pin.
I got all set up yesterday to wash the bugs off my rig, but it was parked with too much sun on the glass.  Instead I spent three hours on the phone trying to extricate myself from the latest scam.  I admit, I'm a pushover for face products that will make you look 30 years younger.  They work, right??

Okay, maybe not,  but this just seemed reasonable.  Ha!!!  So for $4.99 shipping only, I purchased a FREE bottle.  That's when I got that FRAUD call.  What could I say ..... I had ordered it.

I have to admit, it really did work well for the first 12 days, when I received ANOTHER fraud call about a $98 charge on my card.  Well that's funny ... I can't even find their phone number.  That began the hours on the phone trying to dispute the charges.  My credit card people gave me the phone number associated with the charge, which got me nowhere.

I called the dispute number again, only to be put on hold for 45 minutes ... aloha Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard, where are you?  I got nowhere, other than ripped off for $98.  I'm currently on hold again, going on 30 minutes.  I'll let you know what happens.

After doing the normal cleaning and laundry stuff, I decided it was time to go to Bugville.  What to use ... what to use.  Water and a sponge just wasn't working.  I finally grabbed my handy dandy bottle of Windex.  

You know what?  It worked like a charm.  Who knew?  I hardly had to scrub at all ... they just slid right off.  After a really good rinsing with water, I dried it to a shiny gleam.  Please don't say I did a bad thing, but I continued on down the front and washed the bugs away using the same Windex.  The bugs stuck on there from the last three years are GONE!!

Time for a little wax.  I picked up this stuff in Indio at the rally, after seeing the demonstration on my neighbor's coach.  Soon I was exhausted climbing up and down the ladder, but I kept going.
Isn's she gorgeous??  I know you can't really tell, but this is the cleanest it's ever been since I purchased it seven years ago!!!  It took me two hours.  I'm not very excited about spending the 20 hours it's going to take to do the rest, but hopefully I won't fail in my resolve.  
It's been like juggling ten balls with one hand as I try to scratch all the jobs off my to-do list.  There is one very good piece of news .... my yard looks fabulous!  The new yard crew is doing a bang up job.  They even trimmed the overgrown trees!!  Hallelujah!!!

To make it even better, while scrounging in my office drawers, I found four CD's to leave in the rig so I don't have to listen to Alice From Nogales for 8 hours straight like I did on the way here.  I will be keeping company with Faith Hill and Lady Antebellum!








12 comments:

  1. Credit card companies have really gotten worse on the consumer protection front. I remember calling to dispute something, and hearing "OK, we'll get right on that." Now they want you to do all the leg work, or they side with the merchant. It's just irritating. Hopefully that $98 charge will not be recurring. It's infuriating how many companies keep charging for stuff without asking if that would be ok with you, the credit card holder. The RV looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Allison. I remember when they would just take the charges off. Not so much nowadays. I'm hoping for the best.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on the front of the motor home, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited about being able to finish the entire rig. Not about the time it will take, but it will be pretty again!!

      Delete
  3. First of all the front of your motor home looks wonderful, you really do not need to hire Tom...lol
    I see it did not take long for you to get back to "enjoying" the fun at the Magic Kingdom.
    I made an order on time, never again after that one, for the "free" product that you just pay shipping for. I finally did get the extra charge of my credit card...Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just hoping I have the stamina to complete both the motorhome AND the credit card scam.

      Delete
  4. Nancy, the credit card company needs to take it off your bill, and get money back from the company. The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) protects you...google it. (The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) lays out consumers' rights to dispute credit card issuers' charges: Consumers have 60 days from the time they receive their credit card bill to dispute a charge with a card issuer. ... The consumer must make their complaint in writing and mail it to the issuer.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHA!! Thank you Dave. I haven't even received the bill yet, so I've got plenty of time. I'll do just that!!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the fraud. At least your coach looks awesome, and bug free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me not want to drive it again, right? It might get dirty! LOL

      Delete
  6. Haven't we told you that you look beautiful and you don't need any fancy smancy face cream? We must be lax then, because you are!
    Hope it works out, Dave gave you some helpful into.
    The coach is just as beautiful, nice job.
    PS - if the face cream stops working, maybe try the windex?? ha ha kidding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patsy .... you are SO right! Windex works on EVERYTHING!!

      Delete