Wednesday, April 24, 2019

A New Recruit!!

First off, thank you to everyone for the fire ant information.  I had no idea that's what they were.  I've seen them around the horse corrals, but never paid any attention.  They have my undivided attention now!!

My foot is MUCH better today.  Crazy how much that hurt!!  It goes right along with the half inch of skin I lost while dragging the garden hose up on the roof with no place to set it down.  Talk about a slow heal, in spite of all my doctoring.  Too bad it didn't get me out of playing cashier last night.

Yes it was that time again ... the Magic Kingdom was alive and well with a fair bit of holdover from the full moon.  SO many new people last night.  I thought I would be working alone, but my cohort finally showed up just as I began the big show by opening the doors and letting the crowds pour in.
It takes a little longer when you have to explain to newcomers how each game works, that they need to buy a Hot Ball number at another station so they can win twice the jackpot, and how the pull tabs work.  Pull the tab to see if you won $1 or maybe $5.

That's when I spotted him ... a new member who just went through his initiation into the lodge.  He brought his wife so she could play Bingo.  Seems she's pretty much a player .... him, not so much, but he gets big credits for coming with her.  Once they sat down and we had a short lull in the workload, I ran to the table to talk to them.

Here's our deal ... if one of the pair will volunteer to help us out for the evening, the other gets to play basically for free, unless they win a jackpot, in which case we subtract their cost.  PLUS ... the volunteer gets a free dinner.  Well, a hamburger, hotdog or maybe a tri-tip sandwich.  It gets them every time.  YAY!!  A NEW RECRUIT!!  I knew she would talk him into it!!
Once the ball got rolling and the King began calling numbers, 20 minutes late ... my helper went to play herself.  She's been such a great help when I'm NOT there, that I like to let her play when I am. There were some weird transactions here and there, like 50 pennies and ten nickels for one game.  I think someone cracked the kid's piggy bank!!

One of our workers won a $500 pot, so he was happy!!  With so many people present, totally unusual for the third Tuesday of the month, we paid out well over $5,000, not to mention $2,000 from the pull tabs.  Now you know why we are so popular on Tuesday nights!!

My dinner consisted of a tasty burger covered in the thinnest possible piece of cheese.  Although they did an amazing job of toasting the bun, I'm pretty sure it was from the two day old bread store.  It was a little crunchy around the edges.  No matter, it was free and mighty tasty, even though they give me terrible heartburn every time.  On the flip side, they have new french fries that are AMAZING!!  Better than Micky D's or even In N Out.

There's lots on my plate today ... groceries for the trip, pick up my new sunglasses, drop off a couple of quilts to be quilted and stop by the Zoo on an information gathering reconnaissance.  Just what are puzzle feeders anyway??






6 comments:

  1. There ya go always busy as usual. Glad the pain in subsiding, and soon healing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better today from the Fire Ants.
    Also nice to see some new Bingo volunteers starting to help.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that you are on the mend. Fire ants can't keep you down!
    Back into the Bingo and sounds like people are stepping up to help. A lot of $$ flow on Tuesday nights by the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete