Thursday, April 18, 2019

I HAVE TELEVISION !!

It's the little things in life that make such a big difference.  Television is one of them!!  After much frustration and calling around, talking to people who knew less than I do about this subject, it's finally fixed.  My dish network setup in the rig is up and running.  Yahoo!!

There is one thing I like about Dish.  Everyone I spoke to was in the United States.  The last guy told me about their "Outdoor" tech section.  All this time I had to explain to THEM what setup I had and how they needed to just send me a signal.  Sometimes it was hard to convince them.

NOW however, you can ask for the Outdoor Tech (who happened to be in Ohio) who will have some clue of what you need, or at least he can give you the names of people in your area who can work on these things.  Here's the info from the one I called in Turlock.  He TOTALLY knows what he's doing and has worked on motorhomes for over 20 years.  If you ever have a problem in this area, give him a call.
Here's what I learned.  I have one of the older dishes ... 8 years old to be exact.  It has three transponders which means I have THREE cables coming into the rig.  He hooked each one up to his meter gizzy and discovered one was not working.

Up on the roof he went to test those same cables at the dish itself.  Sure enough, of A, B and C, the A cable was completely dead.  No problem.  Since I only have one receiver in the rig, I had two good ones left.  He just swapped out A for B cable, and now it all works perfectly.  He said he has never had all three cables go out, so I should be good to go for the next several years.

What a relief.  On a side note, I mentioned the other local channel television antenna didn't seem to be working either, so he disconnected everything, went back up on the roof, tightened some cables and VOILA!  Now that works again too.  I just love it when things come together.

All that came to $90 since he had to drive about 35 miles to get here.  Much cheaper than I expected and the entire process took less than 45 minutes.  He said he and his wife will retire soon, with plans of buying a motorhome and taking their business on the road.  I told him to please hang out in the Tucson area, just in case.

Feeling better but still coughing and hacking, I worked on this quilt a little.  It's always funny to me how different they look in pictures compared to in person.  I'll finish this one up in between packing the rig for the next trip to Utah.
This morning I have a dentist appointment for teeth cleaning.  Big sigh ... really I would just rather fall asleep on the couch.  

Next up on my big long list .... make ANOTHER list of all the food I have to buy for this three-rally trip.  It would be four, but I'm skipping one so I'll have at least one free day in Brigham City to do nothing but watch my wonderful television .... it's baseball season you know.





6 comments:

  1. Yahoo, television finally. Sure is nice when you can get some that knows what they are doing. Now enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate really good servicer by someone who knows what they are doing.

      Delete
  2. Glad it was an easy, fairly inexpensive, fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Dave ... I wasn't looking forward to restringing wiring through the walls!

      Delete
  3. Great to have the TV back in your rig. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete