Thursday, April 11, 2019

Check ... Check ... And Check

Rise and shine!!  I used to hate it when my parents said that at 4:30 in the morning as we got up early to work the cattle.  At least twice a year, every single one of the 300 head of cows and calves required vaccinations, one at a time.  You had to keep them healthy or your profits went down the tube with as little as one cow getting sick and dying.  You've probably heard of hoof and mouth disease and anthrax.

Nowadays we do the same with our puppy pals.  It was time for the dreaded trip to the Vet for shots.  This is how Cooper looked as we headed out the door.  The second they saw the truck sitting there, they put on the brakes.
Miss Jessie in particular shakes like a leaf.  It's not her favorite place due to her many surgeries.
By the time we got home, they both looked like this.  Poor Cooper was SO uncomfortable he couldn't get settled.  I finally grabbed my bedspread and we all laid on the floor until 1:30 am when he finally settled down.  I feel terrible, but at least that's one more thing checked off my list ... or rather LISTS, as I have several!!
Now for the recall information.  I have purchased a product that is impacted by the Selective Catalyst Reduction component emissions recall.  My engine is releasing air pollutants which exceed California and federal standards.  A repair is required before vehicle registration renewal in California.

Too bad, so sad ... I just put my new tags on yesterday.  I've got an entire year to find a Cummins Dealer and have them make the repair.  I'm guessing that will probably lower my fuel mileage from 10-11 mpg to something like 8.  Maybe I'll be lucky and it won't change anything.

The nearest Cummins dealer is about 60 miles south, but honestly, they don't know anything about motorhomes.  Been there, done that with a recall about the cruise control.  They dismantled my entire dash when all they needed to do was lay down and look up.  They left lots of scratches and grease in their tracks.  I'll check that one off the list when I return to Arizona later in the year.
MORE good news .... I found a company not too far away that works on motorhome satellite and receiver problems.  Yes, they are on vacation, but come Monday morning, I'll be on the phone first thing, hoping to set up an appointment to get mine repaired.  I'll be able to check that one off the list just before making up six NEW lists for my jaunt to the 150th railroad celebration in Utah.  Check!!





11 comments:

  1. And then there is the "Wonder if I could register in Arizona and not ever have to have my gas millage drop" question...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking into that. I guess I just have to try it and see. But then I also have to change my drivers license, which changes my residency. That could be a problem.

      Delete
  2. Nice to get those things checked off the list. I like Dave's Idea register in Arizona might just save you bucks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not much cheaper to register vehicles in Arizona, other than no smog requirements.

      Delete
  3. The Canadians who live on our street register their cars in AZ, I don't see why you couldn't register here as well. Of course, I've done zero research on the subject, so who knows. Poor dogs look like I felt after the Prevnar 13 pneumonia shot; that took 24 hours of recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness ... I'm glad I didn't take THAT shot.

      Delete
    2. I've had pneumonia. The shot is better!

      Delete
  4. Heads up to non-railfan RVers, avoid Utah during the celebration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding ... it's going to be ridiculous having 200,000 people in such a small area.

      Delete
  5. I would be looking to say good bye to California and all its hair brain ideas. Heard they won't be letting any Diesels on their roads by 2030. How do most Semis run?
    Have fun at the Railroad Celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt they can keep the trucks off the road. All the trucking companies have moved out of state so they don't have to meet the ridiculous qualifications.

      Delete