Sunday, December 30, 2018

My Kind Of Sign

I laughed when I saw this on the internet.  It fits me perfectly.  Not that I drink a lot of wine ... I can survive on a single small glass once a week, if that.  I definitely need my puppies though, who keep me company, snuggle with me at night and make me laugh all day long.
Not the best picture in the world, but here we are cuddled up on the couch.  This was the last picture my friend took before losing her phone at Walmart.  Speaking of Walmart, I forgot to mention the Def fluid.  

My rig was one of the first to come out with a Def requirement and a tank to hold such requirement.  Problem is, they put the tank on the wrong side of the rig.  The only way to fill it at a fuel station is to head in the wrong direction.

Truckers don't like us taking up their space, so you can imagine how happy they are when they see that.  To keep the peace, I prefer to buy it at Walmart.  Yes, it's probably more expensive, but worth NOT having a hassle.  

I looked at the price on the shelf ... $14.95 and was thinking GEE, Wally World has upped their price.  It used to be $11.88.  I bought three.  Wasn't I surprised to find out the REAL price was only $7.88 for a 2-1/2 gallon container.  YAY FOR WALLY WORLD!!  It's now $4 cheaper.
It's officially freezing in Central California.  Several days in a row now we have had below freezing mornings.  I cringe every time I hear the heating system come on.  I have to say it's not much better in Arizona where my second home lives.  It's been down to 26 something there!!  Maybe it will freeze out all the pack rats!

To keep busy, I've been baking once more.  This is a super simple shortbread recipe you make in less than ten minutes, then put in the fridge.  They are supposed to be perfectly round rolls before slicing them, but as you can see, I wasn't very good at the rolling part.
Nevertheless, they came out delicious.  These were at the request of Jonathan.  He's finally gotten tired of the bits of peanut butter cookie he gets.  In case you were wondering, he's SO happy his morning scrambled eggs are now warm from the microwave.

This kid eats better than I do.  Chopped apple, grated carrots, sunflower seeds in the shell and out, safflower seeds, banana, banana bread, spinach and a specially baked corn biscuit are his usual morning fare, along with scrambled eggs and sometimes toast.  That's probably why he has lived so very long.
It's getting closer and closer to take off time and I need to hit the hose and bucket.  I'll show you pictures of what I'm up against tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it's going to require a ladder ... a very TALL ladder.



12 comments:

  1. That Walmart brand is what we always buy too for $7.88. The jugs look the same as the other more expensive stuff so Bill has to be careful that he gets the right one.
    the shortbread recipe looks great but for the price, I'll stick to the sugar free ones I buy right now. They are yummy. I do have some chocolate chip dough in the fridge to make cookies before we leave the park. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn! I meant to say I love your sign and love your picture on the couch more. :) No Jonathan on your shoulder? :)

      Delete
    2. No picture of Jon on my shoulder. Jessie thinks he would be really fun to chase!!

      Delete
  2. That not only sounds Frustrating to the Truckers but an aggravation to you as well. Could you not have the Fill Spout for the DEF changed to the other side. Better then having to Hand-Fill.
    Nice Family Picture and the cookies.
    Be Safe and keep Warm!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy since it's a freightliner chassis, but that's where they put it. No way to add a filler hose. It actually looks like the old 10 gallon gas tanks we used to keep on the trucks in case we ran out.

      Delete
    2. They do that for very good reason and that is that you don't put diesel fuel and the DEF tank that's why they put it on the other side so you can't make a mistake
      Truckers are on the other hand are more used to it so the tanks are right next to each other

      Delete
    3. FYI
      The per gallon dosing rate of 3% it will use approximately 1 gallon of DEF every 200 miles.
      Is there any danger of filling the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank with diesel and what problems will it cause?
      There are a number of safeguards put in place to prevent confusion between diesel and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) filler necks. The standard nozzle diameter for DEF is 0.75 inches (19mm), compared to 0.87 inches (22 mm) for diesel, preventing the diesel nozzle from ever being inserted into the DEF tank. In addition, the filling cap for the DEF tank is blue and will be clearly marked 'Diesel Exhaust Fluid' with the accompanying ISO standard number.

      However, a small number of cases have been reported where diesel has been put in the DEF tank. Diesel is less dense than DEF and will float on top of the DEF in the tank, but even small amounts of diesel can damage your SCR system and we recommend that you contact your dealer immediately and do not drive the vehicle.

      If DEF is filled into the diesel tank, the engine will stop running almost immediately, and the vehicle will need to be taken to a service center for repair.


      Delete
    4. Ed, the very next year they moved the Def tanks to the correct side on most RV's. There's no mistaking mine for the diesel tank. It's a completely separate tank, like the really old ones on the back of WWII Jeeps. The way it's set up, I can never even get all the fluid out of the jug. They just jury-rigged it so they could get the RV's on the market.

      Delete
  3. Love your dog picture and the cookies sound wonderful..
    Glad we don't need DEF in our gas coach, saves us a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky your rig doesn't require it. It's not that I use a lot, it's just a pain in the butt to fill the tank.

      Delete
  4. We're in Tucson and it is COLD! My bougainvilleas are just taking it in the head, despite being covered and swaddled. I want my snowbird rebate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO!!! I heard it was cold this winter ... even down to 26 at Fast Horse Ranch. Don't know if it would help, but around here they set up fans to keep the oranges from freezing. Maybe a small fan would move the air just enough.

      Delete