Sunday, September 9, 2018

The Cat Whisperer

Well ... there's nothing like starting off your day with another scorpion underfoot ... especially when you are BAREFOOT!!  No he didn't sting me, but he sure came close.  Thought he could outrun me, the little bugger, but I smashed him with the flyswatter before he could hide.

I'm pretty sure my blood pressure is through the roof because my heart is beating a hundred miles an hour!!

Back to today's story, having been so rudely interrupted, I'm kitty sitting for the Chance family who is on vacation.  I'm not sure how that works, being retired and needing a vacation.

I'm not saying the kitties are standoffish or anything, but they usually run and hide when company comes over.  Over the years I've probably been around enough that Snoopy (on the couch) will actually come and meow at me in return for an ear scratch.  Missy comes if you have food.
Missy would eat EVERYONE'S food if given the chance, so Snoopy gets her in the guest bathroom while I guard the door.  She's eating Mom ... not to worry.
Wanting to give them a little bit of company, I totally screwed up Dan's television programming trying to find something I could watch for a couple of hours every day.  Just for kicks, I called Snoopy and patted my lap.  She came right over, jumped up and settled in.  

Heavens to Betsy ... she has NEVER sat on my lap before.  Of course I AM sitting in Mom's chair while I snack on Dan's almonds which were too yummy looking to ignore.  By the way, Snoopy is Mom's cat and definitely a lover of females.  Now I'm stuck ... the rules say you can't move if there's a kitty in your lap.
Miss Missy on the other hand is not interested in laps.  She loves the pets as long as there is food attached to your hand!!  
Knowing how much kitties like to play with boxes and bags, I dropped one off in the middle of the floor.  In two seconds, Snoopy (can you guess where she got her name?) jumped in the box and began to play.  Auntie Nancy the cat whisperer got extra points that day.
The next day to Dan's dismay, she jumped right up on my lap again and started to purr.  She's not so much interested in "male" laps I guess.  

In case you couldn't tell, all these pictures are for the Chance family so they know their babies are being well taken care of.  Best friend Pat feeds them in the morning while I have the afternoon duty.
Maybe I need to get a cat.  Think they will keep the scorpions out????  At any rate, Snoopy girl even ate ALL her food at one sitting.  I think that's a first, since she prefers to be a grazer.
Hmmmm maybe a kitty would catch that rat on the front porch.  So far no luck, but maybe just the fact there is a trap there will keep him at bay.  That's when I happened to look out the window to find a dove had made a nest on my rig.  NOOOOOOOO ... you can't DO THAT!!  

I'm googling how to move a dove's nest.







10 comments:

  1. Kitties can be good pets, and less bother than dogs, but can be finicky , (I have had my share over the years).
    They might keep the scorpions and rat's away , kitties do like to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a local outside kitty that roams the hill. Maybe he will catch that rat!!

      Delete
  2. We've had our share of cats but because of our travels choose to enjoy other's pets.
    Slide the nest in a box not touching it with your hands. Then relocate it to an appropriate place, equal shade and protection. Have to keep those wheels moving.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you chose well. If I were not single, I don't think I would have pets either. Much as I love them, they can certainly tie you down.

      Delete
  3. You know you have "hitch-itch" when a bird makes a nest on your RV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats or dogs, it doesn't matter when they become part of the family. We met a couple on the train yesterday, while traveling from Fairbanks to Anchorage. They are from N. Georgia, and left their cat in a kennel for 3 weeks, at $22 a day! Lots of guilt and comments about missing their fur baby. It's so nice to have great, dependable friends (Nancy & Pat) who let us be away in our adopted state of Alaska, and not worry about our fur babies. Thanks you guys, we owe you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do become part of the family. I feel for that couple .. $22 a day ... Wow!! You know we both owe YOU guys for all the help around our houses!! So we're EVEN!!

      Delete
  5. Clemson would be so ticked if we came home with cat smells on our clothes! Another dog smell is enough to have him sniffing us all day. We need to change our attire. (good thing I have lots of clothes! haha) You are a good cat-sitter, auntie Nancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my two aren't exactly happen about it either ... Cooper smells my hands for five minutes before sitting on my lap.

      Delete