Thursday, September 27, 2018

Home Sweet Home

After the screaming loud music and the cat scare yesterday morning, I gathered my wits and went to say goodbye.  It was rather quick since no one was up yet, probably due to the night serenading we experienced.

With only 90 minutes of travel to go, off I went into the worst traffic I've experienced so far.  Never travel around Hanford or Fresno at 7:30 in the morning.  Luckily I was in front at every stop sign save one before jumping on the freeway.

In no time at all I was home, sweet home.  After eight years, I'm getting that backing thing down pretty good.  Once the big yard gate was closed, the puppies couldn't get out fast enough.  They do love their big green back yard.  Green because it looks like the gardeners have given it plenty of water.  The grass is at least six inches tall.
I had already decided I would sleep for awhile before the major unpacking began.  I lasted about ten minutes.  I just couldn't stand knowing all that stuff needed to be removed from the rig.  Mostly cleaning out the fridge and gathering up a few clothes and dirty laundry.  Oh ... and Jonathan, and pet food, and coffee, and quilt stuff, and ....... oh the heck with it.  I kept at it until I was about half done.

In the meantime, I kept adding to my list of things to do.  I have sticky notes hanging everywhere.  The first thing will be to re-up my Pilot Flying J credit card for discount diesel.  I've been meaning to do that and just keep forgetting.

I located a new fuel station at Hwy 99 and Avenue 18-1/2 just North of Madera.  Easy in and out ... just go slow over the entrance road because it's trashed beyond belief.  BIG holes everywhere!!
But WAIT!!  Right across the street I see what looks like another truck fueling station with SHELL signs all over.  What's this?  I quickly looked for the big green price sign.  $3.89 ..... Pilot's sign said $4.10.  I turned left and slowly cruised up to the pumps, not really sure which way I should enter.  

Seven pumps and I was the sole occupant.  No waiting in line for 15 minutes like at Pilot.  Inside, I found some delicious smelling fried chicken ... LOTS of it.  Although tempted, I was just wanting to get fuel and get home.  

After paying up, the guy said they had just opened.  You're cheaper than Pilot I commented.  "Yes .. we will ALWAYS be cheaper than pilot".  Okay then ... you've got ME for a customer.  So I said I would pass the word.  The place is immaculately clean and easy to access.  There are not a lot of spots to stay overnight should you wish to, but the road in is brand new and smooth as can be!!

Today I'll spend most of the day trying to get rid of the stale house smell and finish up unloading the rig.  Then it's off to the Elks dump station.  I've only got a couple of days to catch up on sleep before the Pumpkin Patch saga begins.

By the way ... I think those cats followed me home.  First thing this morning, Jessie caught two of them in the back yard.  Hopefully they won't be back!!





10 comments:

  1. Welcome home ! Nice that you made it there in good time, can get unpacked and settled in again.
    Ok pumpkin patch , get ready Nancy is on her way to have some more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS nice to be home and it's COOOOOOOL here! A BIG plus!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Welcome home! And what a beautiful, welcoming home it is. I'm sure the kids are as pleased as you are to be back too. :)
    Good news about Shell, there needs to be competitiveness so you know just how much others are ripping you off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to know there is a little competition for fuel, instead of us all just taking it in the shorts!!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are Safe and Sound at Home Sweet Home.
    Take your time unloading. Don't need any accidents while rushing.
    More fuel stations need to be competitive.
    Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ... just taking my time. Not really THAT much to unload. I've learned that lesson!!

      Delete
  4. If Jessie 'physically' caught them, I doubt there is much left of them darn cats...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how many times she has come close to losing a lot of fur!! Pretty sure they got the message loud and clear this time.

      Delete
  5. pilot fuel at 4:10 a gallon is that the cash price of credit card price
    Pilot and flying J utilize the same card there the same company
    My card is a truckers card it gives me points for every gallon that I buy,
    is your something different if so what ??
    But Shell,, by all means is cheaper That's definitely a no brainer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the trucker credit card price. I have a card that gives me an 8 cent a gallon RV discount, but no points. I've never seen a regular station with fuel less than Flying J.

      Delete