Good morning good morning!! July is going faster than expected. Oh wait ..... it's August already. Hopefully it passes by as fast as July did so this weather will be behind us. What can I say ... it's HOT! Thank goodness for solar panels or I would be in the poor house.
Can you say CHEESE? Grilled cheese tomato sandwiches for breakfast!! Especially when they include homemade GARLIC sourdough bread. YUM YUM!!
Naturally, Kitters is not far away. She comes in through the doggie door about 5:00 every morning and gives me a quiet little MEW. I think that's her way of saying is anyone here? Then she goes bananas running around the house, hitting the scratch pole, and generally making a nuisance of herself. Once again I tell you .... this cat is weird.
First things first however ... I had to head on off to the accounting job, hoping it would be an easy day. My top priority was to get them using BILL PAY online. The complaints about the high cost of checks and envelopes, not to mention stamps, was getting on my nerves. You HAVE to jump into this century.
Unfortunately, that resulted in a trip to the bank to get it set up on their account. That's when I found out the bank has NO INTERNET SERVICE. Who doesn't have internet THESE days? Especially a BANK? I know this is a tiny little back country town, but good grief ... EVERYONE has internet access nowadays. But not this bank. They will get it set up, but another bank has to do it. That's crazy.
The good news is that it ended my accounting day in a flash. It will be ready next week. Okay then .....
On the way out the back 40, I stopped at this poor white peach tree whose branches were so full of peaches that they were breaking off. How sad. So I gathered up a bunch, hoping to make more jam. Has anyone used white peaches before? I ate one when I got home and they don't have much flavor at all. Will the jam have peach flavor??
THESE on the other hand are magnificent!! Another batch from my Elks friend. There's going to be a lot more grilled cheese with tomatoes coming up! As for the squash, I like it, but wish I had a better recipe than just plain squash. It could use a little more flavor too.
After all that driving, my tank was on the LOW side, so I checked my phone for cheap fuel. The jokes on me since there IS no cheap fuel in California. It's been $7.69 to $8.09 thanks to our dumb governor. Sorry, but he's dumb as dirt. He only cares for his bank account, not ours.
My favorite fuel station read $5.99. Really? And off I drove ten miles down the road to fill up. Still, it took TWO credit cards to fill my tank. $230.70 total. So much for that winter coat I was going to buy. This is the result of closing down refineries trying to force us to buy all electric cars. Heck they can't even produce enough electricity to keep our lights on, let alone run our cars!! We have blackouts all the time! Total incompetence, as you all know already.
Bank home, while my bank account cried big tears, I spotted Kitters on the prowl. Outside this poor starving kitty was getting some of HER food. How DARE she!! I'm pretty sure this is the same black kitty that showed up when Kitters did ... and she let HER eat first.
It's a different story now! This is a quickie ... but watch that tail!!
She ran off, but came back two seconds later to keep an eye on that interloper. It's funny how territorial she has become.
We didn't do anything the rest of the day, I'm sorry to say. I was still lagging due to late night bingo.
If I can screw up a little motivation, I'll hit the road this morning for a quick run. These two used to be my running partners. Cooper and Miss Jessie were the best kids ever!!


Kitters is protecting her home and you. That is strange a bank not having internet to pay online. Cute picture of your running buddies.
ReplyDeleteSue
Wow a bank with no.internet! That is no bueno.
ReplyDeleteStay cool kiddo!
Frances:)
Someone forgot that this is the Twenty-First Century. They better catch up or go out of business.
ReplyDeleteAdding some Pectin to your Jam should sweeten up the Peaches.
Our Fuel Prices are starting to come down.
Stay Safe and Enjoy!
It's about time.
I will take the other half of your yummy grilled cheese.
ReplyDeleteYes, Kitters has become very territorial and in charge.
Don't get me started on that idiot in Sacramento and what he has done to ruin our State (4th generation native Californian and grandkids are 6th). I try to fill up before the tank reads a half, so the shock isn't quite so bad. Take care.