It was a hot one yesterday ... ending up with a cool-ish 69 degrees this morning just before the sun came up. You never know what the sky will look like. It looks kind of like a floating rib cage to me. I'm just happy the weather guessers say mid 80's are coming up all next week. We shall see. I'm not betting on their prediction.
Here's Miss Kitty this morning, in her usual spot. She wanted quite a lot of attention yesterday, garnering the spa treatment of massages and ear rubs.
Breakfast was fabulous! Just kidding ... breakfast was the normal egg thingy. I had this for lunch instead.
Since I've gotten old, I can't take more than one appointment in a day. My next one wasn't until 1:45, so I lounged around the house doing basically nothing. Oh I trimmed a few more bushes here and there and tried to discover why there was standing water in the flower bed. I was sure it was another broker drip line, but this time it would be MY fault since I'm the one that trimmed that bush.
I didn't find any broken ones, so I broke one just for good measure. I pulled too hard trying to get the plant to let go and broke the end right off. It turned out to be a good thing since I was able to attach an end that didn't spit out so much water. Winner winner HALF a chicken dinner.
Then it was on to the bedroom closet burned out light bulb. Not that I really need to see back in the corner where I've stashed loads of things I never use any more. San Francisco Giants jackets ... I counted five. Dresses from the late 1800's with hoop skirts, four ski parkas and three huge suitcases. Apparently I used to travel in style. I had to take out nine pairs of cowboy boots (I know, ridiculous) to get the ladder back in the corner. As with the rest of the house, this ceiling is 12 feet high.
WHOA those LED lights are BRIGHT! This one was easy peasy since I had walls to hang on to. I decided to change the other one since I was there. It was a little dicey when it came to looking up, but with one hand on the ceiling I got it done. These two bulbs will last longer than I will!!
Then it was off to the haircut. Of course I think it's too short, but at least it's the same cut all around instead of way too long in the back where I can't reach. Yessiree ... my hairdresser loves that I chop up the front and sides, whereupon she has to try and fix the back. It's a good thing she is also a good friend!!
Back home Kitters took up this spot on the coffee table and I got out my camera. When she got up, it moved the feather toy.
Let the action begin. And so we played the feather game for the next hour. Honing her lizard catching skills I guess. It's funny though .... instead of grabbing the feathers, she grabs the line and the plastic holder first, then goes for the feathers.
Okay, enough of that. Dinner was leftover Cooper-chicken enchilada casserole. It was nothing to write home about, so no pictures. I did have a couple of delicious tomatoes with it, which made it ok.
Dessert anyone? Yes please ... and I still have one more Blue Bunny ice cream sandwich in the freezer.
And so ended the day. I've downloaded the best of my Cooper pictures onto a thumb drive so I can have some pictures made. It won't happen today since I've got a VERY early morning meeting, a wonderful 90 minute drive away tomorrow. Why they would have meetings on Sunday morning is beyond me.
Bye for now my sweet boy. I hope you are spending your days chasing the ball and actually catching it!!

Why is it my hair is always too long in the back? Lol
ReplyDeleteOnce again love those sweet pics of Cooper.
Frances:)
Well, seeing is how you’re not going anywhere why not clean out the closet if you have more than one dump the rest
ReplyDeleteLook at it this way when you’re gone, somebody else is going to clean house and say Nancy the hoarder Remember, you can’t take it with you They don’t allow United van lines through the pearly gates