LIZARD COUNTER: 15
Yes, with a BIG SIGH, I found Kitters playing with another lizard. Poor thing ... I feel bad for them, but they should learn to escape instead of standing still, thinking she can't see them. And so with a very short tail, I put him out under the front bushes. He ran away, so I guess he was still alive ... sort of.
TODAY when I went to go out the back door ... THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE!! I guess the good thing is they DO stand still so I can catch them. This one however, still had all his appendages and RAN out the door the second I opened it. So yes ... the lizard counter is up to 15.
This is pretty much me ... I just can't stand to see critters starve.
Back to my trip home on Sunday, since I left early, traffic wasn't bad until I got almost home. All of a sudden there was this idiot pickup truck driver that I watched in my rear view mirror. He was going from one side of the lane to the other. I kept an eye on him as I slowed down a bit.
Sure enough, just as he was passing me (he was in the left lane) he went ever farther left, over the yellow line into the dirt. He corrected and went across his lane into mine. I slowed way down and he just missed me.
I got his license plate number and pulled off at the next exit. It's always fun to call 911 ... but when you are trying to talk AND remember the license plate number .......... I finally said WRITE THIS DOWN and repeated the number. I don't know if they caught up to him or not, but I hope so. Please DO NOT drive drunk ... or on whatever he was on!!
Next up ... a morning call to Xfinity (Comcast) to get that big dollar amount taken off my account. The problem was of course that I got a Chinese speaking sweet young gay guy who could not speak English well. I just could not understand him. I finally asked for a Supervisor. Well that took 43 minutes of waiting on line before Rose answered.
The good news ... Rose said because I was such a good customer (sure Rose) and they wanted to make it right that someone had hacked my account, that they gave me ....... get this ........ One Gigabyte of data (I actually use maybe 40 megabytes), no slowdowns and FREE Peacock for FIVE YEARS. No contract involved. I can quit any time I want. Makes me wonder just what really happened with my account!
I felt so good about it I stuck a big marshmallow in my coffee!!! Don't do that. It was terrible.
This was the sight that met me this morning when I went out to run. A gorgeous sunrise that we rarely have.
By the time I was out the door, it had changed to this. I ran about 1-3/4 miles before hanging it up. I just wasn't feeling it.
Kitters and I played hide and seek when I returned. She is sticking like glue since I got back.
Here's an exciting one. I found ants in the laundry room getting into the cat food. I grabbed the small vacuum, only to find the battery dead. For the life of me I could not find the thing you charged it with. I tore the house apart before ordering another one. It's not the ideal location, but I stuck it on the wall today.
The weirdest thing ... I was trying to see exactly where the ants came from. They made a beeline to the seam between the wood flooring and disappeared into the floor. I'm guessing there is a crack where they can come in on top of the concrete, but under the flooring. I sealed the whole seam with my clear fiberglass fingernail stuff before spraying the outside of the house. Hopefully that does it.
Lastly, it was a long drive two towns over to pick up the embroidery work for the Veteran quilts that have names on them. She has improved her work and it looks GREAT. I'm very pleased. Two are complete, so I will be back stitching these into the quilts, adding borders, quilting and binding. Luckily I have until November to get them done!!
It was a long day, but that didn't keep me from wishing I could hug this sweet boy.



Animals, Insects in particular, sense the changing seasons long before we do. When that happens, they look for places to spend the winter. Even on the eighth floor.
ReplyDeleteStay Safe and Enjoy!
It's about time.
You did have a busy day and sweet picture of Cooper.
ReplyDeleteSue