It's Friday. I forgot to check and see if it was a full moon, but alas, yes it just was and it leaked over to MY Friday. It's also August 1 .. meaning another month has just slipped by like a snake in the bushes.
First off ... a nice cool run at 6:30 am. I'm doing better ... I can tell a difference in my running now, or rather jogging. I actually went a total of 2.2 miles and only walked for less than a quarter mile. YAHOO!! So swimming should help, yes?
Here's the lousy full moon that caused all the problems. That yellow flower is ME before the moon took over and I became the wilted one.
Back at the house, breakfast was elusive. I just could not come up wth anything healthy ... or quick. Let me tell you however ... this Blue Bunny was YUMMY!
I grabbed my cup-o-Jo and headed for the patio, only to be tracked and annoyed by this creature. She stuck her big nose in my coffee, which then got thrown out. Apparently it wasn't her flavor.
With nothing important on the menu today, I went to lay out in the cool morning for a bit. You will never guess WHO came and sat on my head! Really? "Go away", to the sounds of purring didn't work real well, so I just got up and headed to town for the first item on my list.
Signing up for the BIG pool with the LONG lanes. The kid was not a big speaker of English. I truly could hardly understand him, but he said AHA ... yes we can sign you up. YAY. Let's DO IT! He got half way through, then went to get his boss who closed the computer down and started it back up again.
Magically, my Code Number no longer worked. Hey ... HE said I could sign up and now you are telling me NO? Yup that's exactly what they did. They said the only way I could join was to pay $32.00 a month, which included a senior discount. So why does my girlfriend get to come for free? Well she must have signed up a long time ago because we don't do that now.
Okay, it's worth it, so sign me up. That's when we got to the MOON part. We charge $50.00 a year MAINTENANCE FEE, payable now. Give us your bank account number ... A BIG FAT NO ... or your debit card number ... ALSO A BIG FAT NO and you can join. How about a credit card number? Well for that one they charge you an addition 16% every time it is charged. Are you kidding me? That's highway robbery!
Sorry, but I'm an accountant and I'm definitely NOT paying that just to use my credit card. That's ridiculous, not to mention the additional costs! And so I walked out with NO membership in the fancy swimming pool. The only swimming option is at the place where they have teeny tiny lanes you have to make a reservation for, not to mention the 40 minute drive. Just my luck!!
My swimming hopes were dashed. So what am I doing today? I'm looking up swimming pool contractors! I'm thinking something small like this in my back yard.
Next up, I stopped in at Kohls. Its the only store in the next town over that carries any household items. Truly, they only have restaurants, a boot barn, a tractor supply and Hobby Lobby. I was hoping for a little more quality than Walmart.
Here's all I came home with ... just two new towel sets for the bathroom. As for clothing, good grief ... everything has ruffles on it. When did THAT happen ... not to mention they have mostly winter clothing now that we are in the 100 degree temperatures.
Back home I tossed my sandals in the closet and walked into the kitchen. WHAT WAS THAT? OMG there's a lizard on the floor and I stepped on it barefoot. #%$^#$&#!!!!!! I doubt the poor guy lived, but I took him out to the bushes in front. That DARN CAT just will not leave the poor lizards alone.
That's when my luck changed. I got a call from my friend to meet them for dinner. Her grandson (believe it or not) works in Washington D.C. with all those awful politicians. He's from Texas, and how he wanted to do THAT job, is beyond me. What a GREAT kid he is. He shared with us his pictures with every big name politician you can imagine, and told us stories you wouldn't believe. Well actually, nowadays, you WOULD believe them.
I ate half my shrimp scampi and brought the rest home for dinner tonight ..... except tonight I will be back at the lodge working one of the biggest political events in our County. I am SO NOT politically inclined, so this should be fun, right?
I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I'll be resting up and hoping the moon has passed me by. I don't need to be dropping anything on anyone's head tonight!

Mr. Ed suggestsHotels. Find a hotel nearest you that has a pool and approached the front desk Manager and ask if you could rent some pool time Either by time or day or week or month. Also, if it’s lap, you wanna do and you’re really looking at a pool look for a 10 x 10 stationary lap pool.
ReplyDeleteThe local Atwater recreation they indicate they have a seasonal pool.
Medicare over 65 you get perks.
Does silver sneakers include pool?
Yes, You May Have a Pool Nearby — And It Could Be Included!
Use the SilverSneakers location finder and select “Pool” under the amenities filter to search for gyms and centers in your area with pool access. You might be surprised by what's close to home!J
The primary gym in Atwater, California that features a swimming pool and offers SilverSneakers is In-Shape Fitness (note that Valley Fitness at 1085 Bellevue Rd offers SilverSneakers classes but does not feature a pool).
In-Shape Fitness
* Address: 2501 Shaffer Rd, Atwater, CA 95301
*
* Phone: (209) 219-2714
*
* Hours: Monday–Friday 4:00 AM – 11:00 PM, Saturday–Sunday 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
*
* Pool & Amenities: Features a spacious indoor swimming pool (typically kept warm), a sauna, group fitness classes, and standard gym equipment.
*
* SilverSneakers: Accepted as a participating location for senior fitness and eligible member benefits.
*
I’m sure you check this out and their prices are outrageous. However, maybe you ask the wrong question as a Medicare participate you’re entitled to silver sneakers which carries a different cost or free
Also, if you have A health insurance policy call them and ask them what they have for pool arrangements. Don’t forget to mention silver sneakers