LIZARD COUNTER: 15
Good morning good morning!!! It's a lovely sunny morning and I am ALREADY falling behind. It was a VERY late night and I'm asleep at the wheel.
But first .... I woke up to darkness yesterday, that turned into this gorgeous sunrise. Things are definitely changing because we rarely get anything like this.
Breakfast was a potato egg taco. I've been told to watch my potassium with the one pill I have to take every day for blood pressure. What better way than fried up leftover baked potato!! Why do I love them so much? Because I was allergic to potatoes when I was a kid, therefore I HAVE TO HAVE THEM NOW!!
Kitters has decided I'm her best friend. No surprise, though I have rarely ever seen a cat who wants to be so close all the time. She parks on the arm of the couch as long as I am sitting there.
Since I picked up the embroidery work for the last four quilts, I went to work putting them together. I cut off the name so no one tells the recipient.
That's when I found this!! I didn't look at all the work before I left ... and obviously I will from now on. She has to redo this one, but unfortunately, I don't have any more of this blue fabric. I'm pretty sure they don't make it any more either, which means she will have to redo BOTH top and bottom pieces in whatever color I can find.
And THEN I donned my armor and headed off to Bingo. Here was this nights problem. The camera on the machine that projects the picture of the next number to be called, was not working. They bought a new camera (though they aren't sure if maybe it was just a loose wire) and installed it last Sunday.
Things didn't exactly go well, but they said it was working. Too bad they didn't know the setup, because the TV's were not showing the correct picture. I messed with it for a few minutes before yelling UNCLE to our techno Chef guy. We figured it out soon enough ... they had the wires hooked up to the wrong connections. VOILA!! We fixed it and I took a picture so I would remember the exact locations when it happens again. And believe me, it will happen again.
Things went pretty well for most of the night. Only one pitchfork battle arose when one gal won three jackpots. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not so much. They have to be careful though, because superstition states that if you are not happy that THEY won, YOU will not win. They love you for winning, but they hate you for winning too.
The good news is we were also able to repair the microphone system amplifiers. Those were also fixed on the weekend. They complained about not hearing previously. Well on this night I blasted them out of the room!! I turned them all the way up so they would have to ask me to turn them down!!! It worked like a charm. No more flaming knives will be coming my direction over the microphones not working.
That was it ... a rather quiet night, which is how I like it. Unfortunately for me, I had to stay and help clean up the kitchen, which is why I'm so late this morning. Late nights make for late mornings.
I was met by Kitters who kept me company, crashing on the bed when I did. No lizards were encountered on this day .... so far anyway.
The moon was really weird on my last look out the window ... no telling what this is about, but hopefully it means summer is on its way out.
I have company coming this afternoon, so maybe I'll get in a nap or two. Just what I need ... washing sheets and actually vacuuming!!! Maybe some ice cream will make it all better!!!
You've seen this one before. One of my favorite pictures!



Love the Jessie and Cooper photo.
ReplyDeleteNice to read other than electronics the Bingo went well and no arrows were shot.
Rest up today and enjoy your company.
Sue
That picture is adorable!
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday!
Frances:)
I love ❤️ all your photos, Nancy. The Blogger news reader is all messed up in showing new posts. Including mine. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDelete