Monday, August 19, 2013

Two Short Moves ... RV Style!!

From The Mill RV Park in Garibaldi, we turned South again about 15 miles to return to the Elks Park.  Seems The Mill was just too crowded for one more night's stay ... which was ok with me.  The Elks Park is a keeper and I plan on returning there again.  It was also nice to see our neighbors were Dottie and Bob Poole!!!

This morning we packed up at the Elks, got a very nice sendoff from the hosts, and drove another 15 miles to Pacific City, where we checked in at the Thousand Trails Park.  After dodging the deer in the road, we located two spots fairly close.  Although we don't have phone service here, I have a one bar internet connection, TV (yay!!!!) and a very nice ocean view that will be better when I get out my clippers!!

A quick trip to town scored a half gallon of Tillamook Rocky Road Ice Cream ON SALE for $3.99 and some other vege stuff!!!  Back home, since my puppies have been pretty much locked up for some time, Patty and Dan helped me take them to the beach for the first time ever (a quarter mile walk), where Cooper went crazy!!!  You know how you lunge a horse in a circle??  That's what he did, not caring the least if he got soaking wet.  Finally tuckered out, and me not looking forward to the bath he was going to get, we came back to the rig.  

Hoping to get some nice sunset images tonight.  We'll see how long it takes to load pictures!  We may have to hike up to the lodge (wherever that is) for internet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment