Monday, August 26, 2013

Gone, Gone and Gone!!!

Gone was the internet for the last few days.  It wouldn't connect at all.

Gone is the beautiful sun Patty and I had yesterday finding treasures on the beach.

Gone is us ... are us?  are we??  Anyway, today we move South to Long Beach.

While the internet was down, we went to Seabrook Washington ... the planned community up North.  There was a mini Farmers Market with the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen.

I guess this is supposed to represent a New England Village.  It's okay, but the streets are barely wide enough for one car, let alone two passing.  The homes are small and VERY close together, so I hope you love your neighbor.  With one tiny grocery store, I'm not sure it's what they advertise!!  Described as "adorable" ... I'm thinking this isn't for me!!
At the little farmers market was an art teacher who makes these beautiful wax prints.  She was instructing three little girls on how to make them, so Patty and I listened in.  Fascinating ... something I might like to try one day.
The other shop was a doggy shop, including a wash if you were interested.  Dan wasn't thrilled about the dog wash or the flowers ... so we pressed on .....
Saturday, Patty and I checked out the Library Farmers Market in Ocean Shores.  This Lotus was parked at the kite store.  Never did see the owner, but it made clear the fact that this is an upper scale community!!
At the farmers market we (okay "I") got bakery goods and flowers.  
If I had a green thumb, I would try growing these ... they are amazing!!  
Yesterday, Dan held down his chair with Gracie's help while Patty and I went to the Interpretative Center on the South end of the spit before hitting the beach for treasures.  The most amazing white round rocks are here ...  they call them Ocean Shore Diamonds.  Agates are here too, if you know what to look for.  When people ask us what we are collecting, we just say pretty rocks!!!  
Our Golden Spike friends Dottie and Bob Poole stopped by ... they are parked up the road about five miles.  After convincing the camp host they wouldn't drive off with someone's motorhome, they found us in the back.  Like I said before, it's like having family and friends everywhere you go.  I love it!!!  Hoping the internet is a little better in Long Beach.  I'm ordering up some sun so be prepared for a gorgeous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment