Monday, August 26, 2013

Long Beach ... Longest in The World!!

Or so the sign said when we arrived this morning.  Internet is VERY bad with no WiFi available anywhere.  The Library is some distance away, so as time allows, I will drive to Ilwaco and post pictures.   The set up of this park isn't good either.  All of my hookups are on the wrong side of the rig. This works okay for the water and electrical, but dragging the sewer hose under the RV in the pouring rain, isn't my cup of tea.  Did I mention it's cold, windy and raining cats and dogs??  I guess my order for sunshine got lost!!

We met up with Nick and Terry of Gypsy Journal fame just one door down.  Terry has a quilt and yarn store lined up for Patty and I.  We'll be here for two weeks, so should have plenty of time to check out every store!!

By the way, I know I said the Astoria bridge was a breeze ... but coming through Hoquiam (I think) there was a nice bridge with that steel decking that makes my blood run cold.  Especially when Dan pointed it out a block ahead.  My fingers froze to the wheel and I took up the entire bridge, both lanes!! I definitely understand Nick's dislike of bridges!!!

An absolutely wonderful dinner of fish tacos was prepared by Chef Patty.  It's time to clean the rig and do some spinning.  Maybe one of the local coffee shops will have wifi so I can keep blogging!!  I'll have withdrawals if I can't get online!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment