Wednesday, September 13, 2023

You Just Have To Laugh

Sometimes you just have to laugh in spite of the pain.  Bingo is a very good example of that.  Before we go there however, let's visit my little foxy friends.


I'm sure you already know the tension I feel when I see this on my video card.  Shades of skunk go wafting through my brain ... along with the memory of that smell.  It just never goes away.  I hold my breath every time until I can see what it is.  I have to laugh at that because it happens every time I see whiskers!!


I think they got a little careless however.  They really shouldn't go out during the day.  Someone might just take potshots at them.  They were caught on camera in the DAYTIME, around the corner from my house, by someone who didn't even know they existed.  You have to be more careful my little friends.

The morning went by slowly as I pondered from the couch.  Luckily I caught up with the gardeners who had decided their only job was to mow the grass.  Everything in the back yard was very much overgrown because it hadn't been trimmed for about four months.  No, I'm not laughing about that!!

We had a little tet-a-tet and it's now trimmed a little bit, but not nearly enough.  Why?  Because they can't fit it all in the trash bin.  Their mow, blow and go game is over.  I'M BAAACK!!!

And so I was off to Bingo ... late because I didn't want to sit upstairs for an hour.  Sweet Jackie not only had everything set up for me, she even carried the heavy cash box to the table.  

It's interesting to see how the crowd changes from month to month.  We have a slew of new players ... as in never played Bingo before ... causing us to explain every nuance of our games.  That makes the line antsy and talkative.  They got so loud I couldn't hear the person sitting next to me calling out the cards.  It was a full moon kind of night.  I wasn't laughing at that either!  I don't think I've ever had that many voids to process.


At the last minute, 15 more people got in line five minutes before the games started.  I did laugh at that one because they all wanted to be first in line before the calling began.  Pushing and shoving is the norm, prompting the Loyal Knights to stand guard.  

It's always interesting to me who has all the luck.  Four people (who all happen to be friends) each won a jackpot of $250.00.  One lady won the $1199 hot ball AND our $250.  It was a good night for her!  The rest who paid around $75.00 each, not counting the $200 they spent on pull tabs, never won a thing.  They are the ones who take ten minutes each while picking out the PERFECT card with the PERFECT numbers on it.  That definitely makes me laugh!!  It's an addiction I guess.


By the end of the night I wasn't laughing at anything because my back was a mess.  I would have called in sick, but there was no one to take my place on this night.  Next week I have a backup plan if my back still isn't better.  

Dinner was chili cheese fries.  I would show you a picture, but it's so disgusting to look at, you would lose your breakfast.  On the other hand ... they tasted terrific!!

I'm taking a couple of Advil and sitting on the couch until the appointed chiropractor time.  I'm sure this won't be a one night stand ... but I hope it gets better quickly.  At least then I can laugh at the entire affair.




8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are in so much pain with your back.
    Praying it gets better soon.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not laughing either, as I wrenched my back the other day as well. Although I get some sympathy, they will not allow me to take it easy, it is back to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know your pain! Lots of Advil lessened the pain a tad.

      Delete
  3. When you went to school in those 'early' years while living up where Lake Isabella is located now, was you class made up of a mixture of ages...like K-2nd grade, or were there enough kids to have what we consider 'normal' classrooms? Or did you all live up near Merced by the time you started school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classes were small with different aged kids. If you were in high school, you were bussed all the way to Bakersfield.

      Delete
  4. Oh Nancy hope that you get some relief soon. I can understand as I have had a sore shoulder for weeks. Feeling normal is a blessing isn't it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is thank goodness for chiropractors.

      Delete