Monday, September 4, 2023

Prince Charming ... 25 Years Too Late

Here we go ... another day in the crazy house!!!  It has almost become overwhelming, meaning I spent more time sitting on the couch than I should have.  I copied this guy to a T.  I would peek around the corner, look at all the junk, then duck back into the living room.  I took a quick look in the sewing room and ran back to the couch.  Everything I saw scared me.  SO MUCH TO DO!! 


So hey, why not create an even BIGGER mess by trying to fix the sink faucet.  At least it's contained in a tiny area.  I watched the video, then took it all apart.  I also took twelve pictures so I would know how it went back together.


Off to Home Depot I drove to get a replacement.  Did you know there are about twelve different cartridges?  None of them looked like this.  Big sigh ... even after I chased down the nice man to help me, we couldn't decide which one it was.  I went home empty handed.

After another hour on the internet, I discovered they DID have what I needed after all, but I didn't have the energy to go back.  Here's a Public Service Announcement ... just because you have the HOT water turned off, doesn't mean you can turn the COLD water faucet on.  Water will go everywhere.  I moved all my stuff to the other sink.


It's a good thing Mr. Cooper can distract me.  We played the ball game ... seeing just how far under the couch I can reach, before moving on to the squeaky toy.  My job is to steal it away, which of course never happens.


He teases you by holding it with one foot, making you think it's an easy grab.  NOT!


But this smiling face works on me every time.


Alright ... time to get to work.  I figured my best chance was to pick one room at a time.  If I clean out 14 years of junk, I can probably fit in my quilting stuff.  I opened the big closet doors to see these guys in the corner.  Did I ever tell you about being a Season Ticket Holder for the Giants baseball team?  I collected lots of stuff from that endeavor, stuff that obviously I will never use.

I decided to call my old friend that I sold the seats to.  He LOVES baseball, as did I, and he will probably love to have these.  Little did he know I cleaned out ALL the baseball stuff to the tune of five big boxes.  


It's too bad Prince Charming was born 25 years too late.  We worked together for 11 years, and since he and I were both single, we went skiing with his daughter almost every weekend, and every OTHER weekend we went to the baseball games in San Francisco.  Yeah ... I'm old enough to be his Mom.  Too bad, so sad.  


SO ... turns out he's semi single again and still has my season ticket seats.  He was pretty shocked at the amount of baseball stuff, but he took it all.  Then we made plans to go to a game or two.  That should be fun ... I think it's been 15 years since I've gone.  

And then we loaded the stuff in his new car.  HEY, WHAT'S THIS?  It's an electric car?  NOOOOOOO!  Okay, just how far can you go without charging?  Surely you can't get to San Francisco and back without stopping.  

So here's the scoop, you can ... but you have to turn off the radio, the ac and anything else that uses power in order to make it, ending up with maybe 1-2% power left.  That's cutting it pretty close.  So THEN what do you do?  There was silence.  Tell you what ... when you run out of battery, call me.  I'll bring my generator in my DIESEL truck and give you a charge!!!  He laughed until he figured out I was serious!!  I'll put AAA on speed dial before we leave.



15 comments:

  1. My neighbor has an electric car...says it doesn't go as far as the dealer told her. I'm with you diesel and a generator suits me fine.
    Chocolate cake works even better!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go for miles and miles on chocolate cake!!!!

      Delete
  2. Nice he was able to get all of the baseball stuff in his electric car. Just don't understand why anyone would buy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, except the dealers are real talkers. He likes it I guess ... says it's real fast, but it doesn't go very far. He can only go about 250 miles.

      Delete
  3. Hey, Marcia is 16 years older than I am! She says, "Try it, you might like it..." At this point in your life, age is just a number.

    My niece LOVES the Giants even though she lives in the Kansas City area. Who was that 'hunk' that was with the Giants back in the mid-80's? Oh yeah, Will Clark...she was in love with Will Clark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have guessed you guys are not the same age. And I think I've probably been single way too long.

      Delete
  4. My son is on his fifth EV but he is married with kids and it is their run around town car. Back home it is parked in the garage and plugged in. All of them have been secondary vehicles for the town running around and were very serviceable and did not need the normal engine related maintenance. But they are not interested in it being their only vehicle for running around the country. One thing for sure they have all been exceptionally comfortable to run around town in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ... it's probably good if you're only going to town and back, unless you live in California where the cost of electricity is triple what it is everywhere else!

      Delete
  5. It's best to take your bad part with you when you go shopping, right. On another note, I ordered up two of those cams.
    Thanks,
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take it ... and we STILL couldn't figure out which one to get. I'm hoping the cameras work out for you.

      Delete
  6. We'll stick to our diesel truck and gas car, thank you very much! No EV for us!
    That Cooper, so cute and coniving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts Patsy!! If you have to turn off the AC and the radio just to get home, it's not going to be in my garage.

      Delete
  7. Cooper is sweet and a devil. As active and healthy as you are, 16 years is nothing. Just have fun. My youngest son has an EV car. Pretty nice but I think I'll stay with fuel cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Doug ... I'd rather not get stuck on the side of the road somewhere and be towed to a charging station powered by a GENERATOR.

      Delete
  8. That's just crazy. AND had to put in a charging station at his house. $$$

    ReplyDelete