Thursday, September 28, 2023

Karma Must Be A Female!

 It's been a good week of wonderful cool weather.  I was certainly hoping my back would heal up faster, but apparently I have no choice over the matter.  One last chiropractor appointment resulted in a happy Doc and even MORE exercises.  That back stretch wasn't all it was cracked up to be.  

I headed straight to Walmart for some extended pain reliever.  Everyone told me NOT to get Advil .. it's bad for your liver.  Have you read the label on Tylenol???  If you take more than six in a day, you DIE!!  Or at least you kill your kidneys.  After reading that, I didn't take ANY.


As I drove back in my driveway, I noticed two trucks next door at THE house.  You know, the party house where everyone is under 21 and Mom lets them drink and use drugs.  It was so unsettling, that I walked outside my house and took a picture ... being the nosey neighbor that I am ... to see what the two men were doing.  After all, they are neighbors and these guys might be breaking in.

It's very unusual that I haven't seen or heard anyone since I got back at the end of August.  Not a sole until one night at 8:30 I head a car door slam.  I looked out to see the Mom going in the garage, which was filled to the brim with boxes.  OH YEAH ... they're MOVING!!  Then she left.  

One week later she showed back up with one other person, left them in the house, and again drove off.  What the heck is going on??  The two guys had big buckets and what looked like mops, and were dumping something in the flower beds.  Hmmm ... cleaning up a murder scene?  Okay ... that's too weird ... I called my other neighbor.  

She didn't know either, so she had her son call around.  Karma is DEFINITELY a lady ... because only a lady could come up with something this bad.  No, no one got shot, and yes, I do live in a nice neighborhood ... except for ONE neighbor.  

It was an epic party.  I guess Mom was staying somewhere else for the night.  The kid said he went to sleep, and when he woke up, the entire house had 2-3 inches of water on the floors in every room.  Apparently someone somehow flooded the toilet and the water just kept running.  How could that happen?  So now it has been sitting for an entire month.  Imagine the mold and sheetrock damage, not to mention all her furniture!  The two guys were just now mopping up the last of the water.  Karma .... I never would have imagined that!


The good news is no one has seen or heard from the kid since it happened.  Maybe he got kicked out this time?  And maybe ..... just MAYBE ..... there won't be any more loud drunken high-on-drugs parties.  Karma is my friend!!!

SO ... beyond the exciting neighborhood news, I actually found corned beef at Walmart.  Truly not the best place to buy ANY meat, but it was National Corned Beef Hash day ... and that's right up my alley.  I cooked it in my instant pot to perfection, and fried some up with potatoes and onions.  I could have eaten the entire pan!!


In an effort to do SOMETHING about organizing my rooms, I took on my desk.  This wall has a built in desk that I've never used other than to stack things on.  I cleaned it off completely, then moved everything from my old desk to here.  This is bigger .... how could I have less room??

Do you have a drawer full of cords and you have no idea what they go to?  I think there are over 50 in that drawer and I have absolutely no idea what they go to.  I would throw them away, but I'm sure would realize I needed that ONE.  So much accumulated junk ... it makes me crazy.


By the afternoon I realized I had done too much.  There was no lifting, it's just using my arms makes that torn rib area of my back VERY sore.  It just boggles my mind how much stuff you keep because you MIGHT need it.  I'll be back at it this morning, cleaning out ALL those drawers.  I'm on a mission!!!!!


9 comments:

  1. Nancy your neighbors sound like a real piece or work.
    Your desk looks nice.
    I'm glad your back is doing better.
    One day at a time.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Ed Said. The first step to recovery starts with….. Hi, my name is Nancy and I’m a HOARDER πŸ§±πŸ”ŒπŸ“¦
    Instead If you donated to the thrift shop just remember you can go back and buy it BACK for $.50 .
    Let them store it for u .
    It’s going to wind up there anyways eventually
    As for the cords and plugs If they’re all the same, throw out 49 of them and keep one?.
    As for the phone plugs, there’s only four type.. now you’ve narrowed the pile down to 45, so you see you have a win-win situation you have five plugs and you get rid of 45 plugs
    You see how easy it is to start on the road to recovery πŸ‘πŸ€™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ... you can still walk through my house without something falling on your head!! Most of the cords are from computers and printers ... commercial printers. You know what will happen ... as soon as I throw them out, I will need one!! Ok ... I'll get rid of a bunch!

      Delete
  3. That is the BEST Karma story I have heard in a long, long time.

    A Pharmacist use to come into the Library all the time. I asked him about Tylenol, Advil and Aleve. Advil and Aleve are just about the same except Advil is short lived and Aleve is long lasting...but BOTH can be hard on the Kidneys. Tylenol is hard on the Liver. So what he said was to alternate the use between either Advil or Aleve, and Tylenol. Use one for 3 days, use the other for 3 days, then try baby aspirin as the pain starts to diminish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew any of that! I actually try to stay away from that stuff, but this back thing HURT! I'm much better now, so trying not to take any of it.

      Delete
  4. Glad your neighborhood kid is gone and I hope he stays gone. Dolly and I have lived here for 35 years and we have tons of stuff that we don't need. We've decided to let the kids get rid of it after we're gone.πŸ˜„ Hope your back gets better. I couldn't move if I didn't take 4 Tylenol a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny ... that's what Patty and Dan said ... let the kids deal with it! On the other hand, Patty is my mentor when it comes to purging!!

      Delete