Friday, September 22, 2023

Stacking and Steak

 Good morning California!!  That sounds rather weird, yes?  It's a cool 55 degrees this morning, perfect for organizing the garage.  I mean if you're going to have company, you might as well put them to work!!  To be honest, this was Cyndae's idea too.  Since she was here, she could lift the heavy stuff.

Anyone remember this table?


Here's what it looks like now.  We moved the antique china cabinet from one side to the other, then finished assembling the longarm table.  It's a little tight, which brought about the idea of switching the antique furniture in the living room, to this room and putting the longarm in the living room.  

But first ... we hit the garage on the run!!  All that stuff had to be organized and stacked to make room for other stuff.  I don't have a picture yet, but you won't believe the difference.  Cyndae is the best at stacking. We moved all the table chairs out to the garage and had enough room left over for this table.  It's not there yet because it takes two big guys to get it out the door.  Whew ... that was a lot of work!!


I started to feel my back from lifting just the light stuff, but I didn't overdo.  All that became my back exercises for the day.  

With not much food in the fridge since I haven't been to the store, we stole the last of Jonathan's salad and added everything we could find that was edible.  That meant dinner had to come from somewhere else.  Since Cyndae needed to check on her rental in town, we decided to try Chipotle.  They are advertising a new carne asada bowl or burrito that looked might tasty.   


Here's a picture of what it should look like.


Here's what mine looked like.  There was not near as much meat, but WOOHOO this was a tasty treat!  There was so much food here that I have enough left over for three more meals.


On the way home, we made a quick detour to Cyndae's rental to make sure the lawn was just as brown as it was the last time.  The renter refuses to water it because if he did, he would have to MOW it.  

On the way we spotted these guys!!  I don't know what's holding them up, but there were three skeletons and a witch that are as tall as the house.  SO COOL!!!  I need this!!!!! 


After scarfing down dinner, we spent the next two hours trying to download a crochet pattern from the internet.  This was the craziest thing ever.  It was free, so there's that, but the "pattern" made no sense whatsoever.  We gave up.  It was past our bedtime anyway.
I'm happy to report no one is stabbing me in the back today.  If I do too much, that rib starts talking to me, so I sit on the couch with a little ice until it shuts up.  I'm probably in trouble for not going to the Elks Initiation last night ... in tuxedo ... but I didn't think I would last the night.  Normally I would have gone and suffered.  I guess I'm finally learning how to say no!!

Not much on my plate for today, other than going to the grocery store and getting Jonathan something to eat.  He and Cooper have both been troupers through this whole thing.  

No word on any house stuff.  I guess I'll have to start making calls myself and see what's up.  I hope you have a wonderful Friday!!!



10 comments:

  1. Nice to have a little help to move those heavy things. Do not over do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem there Jim ... My life flashed before my eyes and I didn't like what I saw!!

      Delete
  2. Woot! Things are falling down into place. You will get there...slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Elva ... hard though, since I'm a do-it-now person!!

      Delete
  3. So glad you had your friend to help. Looks like you are getting things moved around.
    Cooler weather is nice too!
    Have a good day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been wonderful weather! Almost cold in the mornings!

      Delete
  4. I'm so proud of you for not going to the Elk's initiation! You get to take care of you.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!!! I'm glad I did or I would probably be a week behind in healing up. Maybe if I do that a little more, it will become easier to do! LOL.

      Delete
  5. I went to see my Grandchild yesterday and across the street was a HUGE display of Halloween...much of it needing to be seen at night because of the number of blow-up figures which were laying deflated on the lawn yesterday. I am going to have to have my son take a picture to send me with it all going at night. PS: Granddaughter is walking all over the place, 14 months old...what a doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine the fun you had!! I'm hoping I heal up enough to do some Halloween decorating this year.

      Delete