Sunday, July 23, 2023

The Faces Of Arizona

I was up at 3:00.  Hello World!!  Mr. Cooper immediately stuck his head under my arm.  IT'S BALL GAME TIME!!  Not quite yet my furry little friend ... but soon!  I figured I might as well drag myself out to the kitchen, because the ball playing fanatic wasn't taking NO for an answer.

After 30 minutes of chasing the ball around the living room, I grabbed a cup of coffee and went outside to sit in the not so cool quiet of the morning.  The crickets were chirping, along with just a couple of birds.  All the other smart ones were still asleep!!


It didn't last long.  That 4" long black centipede ... or whatever it was ... crawled over my foot and I screamed like a little girl.  So much for the quiet morning.  He landed on the door mat, which I tried to toss over the fence ... with no luck.  No worries ... I went back out an hour later with the shovel ... just in case ... and flipped the mat over.  He was gone ... to come and crawl over my foot another day.

The sunrise made up for it.  The faces of Arizona are many.  You might think this is a sunSET, but no, this is looking East to the morning sun.


This one is from two days ago.  It happens most every morning, these beautiful sunrises.  It almost makes up for the snakes and scorpions.  Speaking of which, I just killed my first scorpion in the garage.  You've gotta watch for those guys all the time!


It just keeps getting better.  


Patty and I were soon off to the funeral of a neighbor.  The building was full.  It's sad to think about it, but that's the way we will all be going sooner or later.  I'm hoping for later ... like 103 would be nice!!  I've still got lots of adventures left and sprinklers to repair.

It's cool enough this morning that the sprinklers are on my menu.  Wish me luck.  Once that's done, it's off for paint and supplies.  Somewhere in between I've got cactus to chop out, rats to catch, bushes to prune and dams to build for the coming monsoon storms.  Oh ... and adjust the chain on my saw.  

Not to be outdone by the furry little friend Cooper, Jonathan has been quite the busy bee.  When I said they were chewers, I wasn't joshing you.  This is one of those big sticks he demolished in about 20 minutes.  I must say, he's very neat at stacking.  This would make great kindling!!


Just look at that beak ... it's perfectly honed, the better to chew your finger off with.  Now you know why he isn't allowed to roam about the house.


And yet another question has arisen.  I got an email from Lazy Days RV that my rig was due for a service. So those of you who have fifth wheels, just what SERVICE is required?  Really, I'm not looking forward to dealing with another problem, but I know there are things that need to be greased.  Can anyone tell me what all that might include so I know what I'm talking about when I call them?  I greatly appreciate your help!!

It rained again last night for a couple of hours.  I tried to catch some lightning with my camera, but it was infrequent and weird up-in-the-sky stuff.  There's a 60% chance of rain for the next two days, which means there's a 100% chance it's going to rain cats and dogs.  I'm hoping Mother Nature gets it all out of her system because in 9 days they will start on my new roof.

Hopefully things will dry out enough I can continue with painting, but I'm not holding my breath.  I think I picked the wrong time of year for this project!  Now to go see if my game camera survived the storm.


12 comments:

  1. I can't think of much that needs to be serviced. Wheel bearing, brakes pads inspected, maybe a grease zero or two, roof inspection and an overall looking over. I might be missing an item or two though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jim. At least I can go in knowing what I need so they don't overcharge me.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Ed said. Can anyone tell me what all that might include so I know what I'm talking about when I call them?  I greatly appreciate your help!!
    Yes, it means bring your checkbook /Credit card /Debit card /$$$$$$
    You must be getting close to running out of your warranty for that unit

    Their Preventive Maintenance should include cleaning, visual inspection, lubrication and checking the Wedge Stop Rod adjustment. (All pertaining to the slide outs )All of which you can do yourself, including the wedge stops, With an eight dollar spray can of lithium grease From AutoZone
    They won’t do it but a good shop would pull the bearing cups off check for grease the thickness of the brake pads in your case you don’t drive it enough as well as visually inspecting the vehicle for warranty issues if you still have a warranty remember, warranty issues generate money for The RV dealer
    Before you take it to an rv dealer open this up (. https://myrvworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/RV-Inspection-Checklist.pdf ) and run it to your printer and As much as you can do your own checklist And take it with you. This will keep your mind refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll have to check the paperwork, because to be honest, I don't know if it's still under warranty or not.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sunrise pictures!
    Husband said RV people will probably check electrical system, seal on roof, wheel bearings and pumps on your unit.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay ... thank you Frances and husband!! The more I know, the better!

      Delete
  4. Try taking video of lightning and get pictures from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a few times and it works really great!! This lightning though ... it's up in the clouds. I'll post a picture today.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Ed's comment. I looked online and saw one 'list' where they say to have professional check your '5th wheel' (the actual part that connects RV to the Truck) for wear and lube. In a 18 wheeler that is on the road all the time, yes...but for you going back and forth 750 miles each way I think YOU looking it over should do, add "Lucas Oil 10030 5th Wheel & Slider Lube" or something similar to your maintenance arsenal and use as needed, probably once or twice a year. Also, if you are under a maintenance agreement be sure you are not voiding any of the agreement if you don't take it in. If not under an agreement, just tell them to stop bothering you with their notices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it's under warranty, but I will check. I check stuff all the time, but not greasing and not the brakes. Thanks Dave!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos of the sunrise. The Yuma area got a bad sandstorm during the night. My friend slept thru it so she was shocked when she looked at her car and the AZ room this morning...Big mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got several sand storm warnings, but never saw anything. I'm sure that would make for a big mess!

      Delete