Thursday, July 27, 2023

It's So Deceiving In The Oven

I think it was all the way down to 79 degrees on this morning.  I looked out the window to see this beautiful view.  Mother Nature is very deceiving ... one minutes she gives you this pretty picture ... the next minute she's trying to DROWN you. 


There was no time to dawdle however ... the plumber was coming.  That meant I had to clean the house.  I picked up all the dog toys first after tripping over two of them.  Of course Cooper was none too happy when I hid them in the cupboard instead of playing with him.  

That's when I discovered the floors in the kitchen were horrendous.  As you know, I'm not exactly in love with housework.  I'd rather be out with the critters.  I grabbed the box of Swiffer mop thingies ... you know, the wet ones?  It's been so long that the box was completely dry.  I know, I need to clean up my act.

Once the kitchen was done, I headed straight for the bathroom to clean THAT floor.  The air is back in the hot water lines and I knew he would want to check out the shower faucet.   Well that was all for naught because he didn't even have to take a look see.  What?  I cleaned the floor for nothing?

On to the outside sprinkler valve faucet.  He took all the insulation off and said Holy Cow!   I hate it when they say that.  Apparently the amateur that installed this system used GAS pipeline, not WATER pipeline.  Gas line corrodes terribly INSIDE the pipe when water goes through it.  Mmmmmm that's not good.

He took it apart, to find the shutoff valve works just fine.  The blockage is BELOW that where the gas pipe goes into the plastic pipe.  SO ... we have another repair to make, but I'm letting the expert Plumber fix it.  After all, he is quite easy on the eyes.  How could I say no?


Alas, he can't do the garbage disposal or the water line until the end of next week, mostly because the roofers will be parked in my driveway.  There's barely enough room for two vehicles, so I'll be carrying water down to the trough daily and visiting with Mr. Toad.  

Just for kicks, I checked the temperature at about 5:00.  I can't believe I'm saying 104 isn't too bad!


Just be sure you don't go outside on the patio barefoot.  It's so deceiving!  That 104 equates to 123 on the patio.  I have to constantly chase after Cooper to keep him off the sunny part.


I really didn't want to start anything new quilt-wise, but being stuck in the house looking at my phone all day long is killing my minutes.  Too bad I didn't realize just how many tiny pieces this one had until it was too late.  It's appropriate, no?  Cactus in the desert!!  Throw a bucket of water on it and you've got monsoon season.


Speaking of which ... this alert came across my phone from Accu-Weather.  I underlined the important part.  Yessirree ... 60 mph winds with 1/2" hail.  That should be fun!!


Here's another video if you haven't experienced monsoon.  That's not smoke, it's huge water drops flying through the air like a commercial for a hoover vacuum.

Twenty minutes later it was doing THIS ... going in the opposite direction.  The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes and maybe dumped a couple inches of rain.  No hail was spotted.  I need to get a rain gauge just to see how much drops from the sky.  

The good news is I don't have to water the lawn OR haul water to the critter trough today.  I bet Mr. Toad is a happy camper too!!  Water brings all the insects out of the ground ... it's a smorgasbord for him!  Can you just imagine going through that in a covered wagon?


And so ends another nice day, with leftover chicken fingers and onion rings.  That air fryer ... I should have bought one several years ago.  

It's so nice with 81 degrees outside, I might just have my morning coffee on the patio, listening to the sounds of the crickets, toads and early birds while swatting the moths and flying things.  One got in my hair last night and I went ballistic.  You know when you can feel something crawling around on your head but you can't FIND it?  Yeah ..... that!!!  All in a days work in the desert!!






20 comments:

  1. Finally got some rain!! Now to sweep up the patio mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have never experienced a monsoon but we have had some strong thunderstorms with sideways winds and hail. It left debris everywhere, I am guessing it is something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad if the wind isn't hurricane like. Those can be scary!

      Delete
  3. Your weather certainly changes from one minute to the next.
    Love your quilt!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... yes the weather is pretty crazy in Arizona in July and August.

      Delete
  4. Nancy is the pipe pvc underground?
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... it's plastic where the valves are underground. They connected the gas pipe to the plastic, which is where it appears to be plugged up. It was working previously, but not now. The plumber thinks rust has plugged it up. I guess we'll find out next week when he digs it up.

      Delete
  5. I just use a five-gallon bucket for my rain gauge. It's close enough as the sides of the bucket are almost straight. The five inch gauges aren't enough for around here in the winter time.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. The gauges probably aren't big enough for here either. By the way, you are on the list. Took me awhile to figure it out.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I appreciate that.
      Bob

      Delete
  6. That quilt is going to be cute! My grandniece is a news producer at a Tucson TV station. They were predicting possible tornados. My mother would always say "it was nice today...only 105!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tornados would not surprise me at all. Sometimes the winds are crazy!! 105 is nice ... yeah right! LOL

      Delete
  7. That's what it is like when we have a tropical system go through, wind goes one way, then shift to the other way. Here in Truckee we are suffering with 45 degree mornings, 84 degree top of the afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the pain and suffering!!! I feel so bad for you!!! LOL. I'm glad it's nice though ... enjoy!!!

      Delete
  8. I don't mind rain of any kind (except when we get it in excess!) But the winds are scary and hail. Stay safe.
    That quilt is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a cute quilt ... lots of cactus on the rest of the fabric. I don't mind the rain at all ... just not the crazy wind.

      Delete
  9. ! yr. ago today I had new foam put on my roof. Last night I had a leak (that big rain storm) Roofer here for 45 min. and no charge!
    Gave him some $$ for lunch and a pepsi !! The drain for roof was clogged = puddle on roof = leak thru ceiling. 2 weeks ago was the a/c unit (needed a small part) bought the unit 2 yrs. ago. No charge! Should be done with all the repairs now...I hope!
    Monsoon season lasts until end of Sept. Hope my house survives.....I could move, but too old and ornery! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessirree ... I know about the repairs!! So nice they didn't charge you! Here's hoping we make it until the end of September!!

      Delete
  10. Your house keeping sounds about like mine. I'm a guy so I have an excuse. I don't think you really need one either.
    Enjoy life. :O)
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete