Thursday, July 13, 2023

Another Day In The Oven

 WE GOT RAIN!  No we didn't ... just kidding yet again.  It was a nice 85 degrees for about an hour before the oven turned on again and we jumped right up to 100 in less than an hour.  It was just enough time to get out my chainsaw-on-a-stick and trim up the branches hitting the RV cover.  It took all of 20 minutes for me to yell UNCLE and go back inside.  It was 7:00 am.


Well that's not fun ... what do I do to pass away the hours while I simmer on low.  Jonathan was screaming for breakfast, especially after he saw that blueberry muffin on my plate.  He isn't allowed much of this kind of treat, but I did share a little bit, which you can see he went right for.  He's got a sweet tooth like his Mom.  Walk by with a cookie and you will hear the REAL squawking.  

I cleaned his cage, finding that the big stick I put in yesterday was almost gone.  This just shows how destructive these guys can be.


Here's one video of my visitors last night.  Check out the babies!!!  These guys are so cute, only a mother could love them.  They hung around for quite some time before heading off up my trail.  I'm happy to see the critters are still coming by.


I made one quick trip to deep in the heart.  It really wasn't all that quick because it's so far to drive.  I had to return clothes I bought on Amazon.  I know better ... it's all cheaply made and made in China to boot.  When I came out, I noticed my truck was listing to one side.  

Nancy luck strikes again.  No, it wasn't a flat tire, thank goodness, but one air bag appears to be very sick and deflated.  Believe it or not, I have a battery operated air pump that I keep in the truck just for this occasion.  I got the looks as I took it out and went to work airing up the critter.  I have a bad feeling it's not going to stay that way, so I'll check it again tomorrow.  

This morning bright and early, I'll be sitting in the repair shop parking lot.  An oil change, a fuel filter and an AC check are on the to-do-list.  Then I'm off to have the smog checked.  Surprisingly Arizona requires it every year.  At least they do it themselves and only charge $12.  Fingers crossed it passes.

Back home I did a little sewing, but was constantly interrupted by this little kid.  He's developed a bad habit.  If "I" eat, he needs to eat too.  Treats are on the counter behind him.  He will sit there and moan, groan and cry until he gets a small piece.  SPOILED I tell you!!


I'm still on the fence about the roof, but to be honest, I think I'll just pull the trigger.  Even if I could go look at a roof they did, I wouldn't know if it was a good job or not.  They have no complaints on the Better Business Bureau website, an A+ rating and lots of good reviews on the web.  

As for a metal roof, it sounds like a good idea, but I really don't want to wipe out my savings account when I'm not here all that often.  Even a 20 year roof will probably outlive me.

No word on my quilting machine, so I'm dead in the water on that front.  I think it may be time for a trip to Tombstone.  At least it's a little cooler up there!!



11 comments:

  1. Cooler in tombstone what 97. The tree branches that you loped off. trim the branches off the main branch Cut them about 8 inches Let them dry In the garage for about a month that’ll get the sap out of them When they’re dry, give them to the Jonathan Seeing as how you have your electric chainsaw, go down in the Gulley, you could find Ironwood down there do the same thing let them dry, let Jonathan If you get ironwood, that’ll give him a big challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironwood would probably be perfect for him to chew. It's his favorite pastime.

      Delete
  2. Sound very hot and muggy. Stay cool my friend.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY! It usually cools off at night, making it more comfortable ... but not this year.

      Delete
  3. Those javelina are awesome, especially the babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the cutest? I love to watch them mimic their Mom!

      Delete
  4. The babies are cute and Nancy you have so much energy keeping up two homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just one of those people that can't really sit still. Sometimes it's fun ... sometimes not so much!

      Delete
  5. Did you ever figure out what was setting off your lights in the front yard? We are in for some more HOT weather this weekend...the good news, Monday we plan to head for Southwest Oregon near Gold Beach for the rest of the summer, then back here. We have not been up there since 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold Beach!!! Oh you lucky guys! It's going to be gorgeous up there. Maybe a little warm too, but not like in California.

      The quail were setting off the alarm. The "eye" got pushed down a little too much and it kept picking up the quail babies heading up the hill every day! Too funny!

      Delete
  6. Jonathan and Cooper are so funny.

    ReplyDelete