Saturday, July 22, 2023

I'm Easily Entertained!

I bet you're wondering WHY I need chainsaw-on-a-stick help.  I will just admit there is something very satisfying about sawing down a branch that is trying to tear up your RV cover.  This tree grows wild ... and FAST!!  I have to trim it up every time I get here.

This is my all time favorite tool to use just for that purpose.  So when it's 8:30 at night and you hear the screeching of wood on metal, you run into the garage and grab this baby.  Yes it's windy.  Yes it's dark.  That didn't bode well for my chainsaw skills.  I know the proper way to cut a branch, but sometimes when it twists and turns when falling, your saw gets caught up before you can blink an eye.

RATS!!  The branch dropped down and trapped the chain.  Early yesterday morning I spent over an hour trying to free my baby from the tree.  It's okay, those four big puncture wounds on my arm will heal up eventually, and the loss of blood was less than a quart.  

Sadly, now the chain needs to be tightened and I've not a clue.  Yet another challenge for my little brain.  Thankfully a wonderful reader posted how to adjust it, so hopefully I'll be back in business soon.


One last project before it's too hot.  I purchased this beautiful plant, and as you probably know, I don't know what it is.  It smells nice and the rabbits don't like it.  That's a plus.  This pot has remained empty long enough.  I'm hoping if I leave it completely alone, it will survive.


I was trying to stay inside out of the heat, so after touching up a little paint, I finished up this crazy Australian quilt.  Its aboriginal colors and patterns hurt my eyes.  Truly, I've no idea why I ended up with this stuff.  It was all the rage a few years ago, but is definitely NOT my style.  This will probably be donated to the Thrift shop if I ever get my quilting machine back.  


This little guy keeps me entertained in the late mornings.  He's still catching Z's from last night.


I guess I'm easily entertained, since Cooper and I spend lots of time on the floor.  This is one of his favorite games.  It means I have to be careful where I take my shoes off!


These guys are a little more entertaining.  FOUR babies on this night drank their fill.


And then this happened.  I laughed out loud because it scared me!!  I guess I better put the camera up a little higher!!


Now for the exciting part!  For those who have not experienced Monsoon in Arizona, here you go.  As you can see, it looks like rain every day.  Those "chances" were down in the  20's a few days ago, meaning we got no rain.  If it gets into the 30% range, you are guaranteed to get something.  If it gets to be 40 and above, hold on to your hat Aunt Martha!!


This is just a tiny snippet of a monsoon storm here.  It feels like hurricane winds, followed by thunder and lightning.  And then the rain comes sideways.  It can get pretty scary sometimes.  Of course this doesn't help my roof at all, especially when it is leaking here and there.  I'm on the schedule for next Monday.  Let's hope the Partly Cloudy stays it's course.


No work this morning because we have a funeral to attend.  The husband of a quilting friend passed away last month.  

Besides that, my sore muscles need a break.  Yup I'm still working on those valves, and think I have finally figured out most of the problem.  At least now I know how they work and can fix all those leaking at the California house all by myself!!






10 comments:

  1. So, if it is 98 when a monsoon starts, what does the temp drop to during the storm? Ours usually drops 15 degrees or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 108 dropped to 102, depending on how much the wind blows. I think last time we got down to 99. Anything helps!

      Delete
  2. You have been busy.
    I'm sorry about your friends husband's passing.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances. He was a really nice guy ... even gave me his phone number in case I saw any snakes so he could come down and take care of them.

      Delete
  3. At least one of them little buggers didn't try and eat your camera! Enjoy the rain, the desert floor is going to green up again, and perhaps some flowers might come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you do the Foster child event again, I bet one of them would pick that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just might Shirley ... kids like loud stuff like that.

      Delete
  5. Love that photo of Cooper catching some ZZZs. He is one cute little man!

    ReplyDelete