Wednesday, July 26, 2023

HE'S BAAAAACK!!!

Well well well ... look who was waiting for me when I walked down to the water station.  I was sure he was gone, but apparently he likes me, or maybe it's the smorgasbord of insects.  He's still hanging around.  Makes you wonder where he goes during the hot days.  Why are all the desert critters either poisonous or they sting you?


I'm sure it doesn't help that the weather just doesn't want to cool off.  Feels like 106 my big fat foot!!  It feels like 125!!  It seriously kills the adventurous spirit.  

Surprisingly even with just the little bit of rain we have had, the grass is turning green again.  It was completely brown last week.  It was even crunchy when you walked on it.  Now I'm going to have to mow it!!  Maybe I'll set my alarm for midnight!! 


The critters are still out and about.  This guy doesn't look all that fat and happy, but at least he has water to drink.  The javelinas have been by, but they don't stay long.  Funny, the camera never caught the toad getting in the water.  It's so hot, I'm surprised it's not toad soup!!

After checking the game camera, I called the Plumber.  My Plumber's hat is out for adjustments.  He's coming this morning at 8:00.  Now that's service!!  He's going to unplug my drain, replace the garbage disposal (probably not today though), replace the sprinkler water valve and check my hot water heater.  This too shall pass.  It helps that he's a tall handsome hunk, though much too young for me.  

Then it was off to return yet another Amazon package to the UPS store and hit up the local makeup bar.  You guys know we single ladies have to keep up appearances.  It is a little irritating when you've used a product for 30 years, only to have them replace it and change the color, even though it still has the SAME product number.  I think Mr. Toad will appreciate the new look.

The gal was more than helpful, but I had to keep saying "that doesn't work for us old ladies".  At least we had a good laugh.

 There was one more stop on the way home ... a last second crazy decision.  In case you didn't know, it was National Hot Fudge Sundae day!  How could I possibly turn down that invitation?  This is silky delicious frozen custard.


As usual, my eyes were bigger than my stomach.  Here is yet another $15.00 fast food dinner, but at least the custard sundae comes with it for that price.  As I'm sure you know, I scarfed down the sundae FIRST, leaving little room for anything else.  


Freddy's was pretty darn tasty, but I give it a B+.  The honey mustard sauce wasn't all that great.

Time to go spruce up the house a bit and hide all the junk from the plumber.  I might even go see if Mr. Toad is happy with his accommodations.  Really, I wish he would take up residence elsewhere since he is apparently NOT Mr. Right.





10 comments:

  1. Mr. Toad probably thinks he hit the jackpot with your waterhole! It is amazing how many different animals visit your water station. I need to check my trail cams today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS amazing just how many critters there are, especially when you rarely see anything during the day.

      Delete
  2. Nancy I must tell you that I read your blog daily to my 97 year old mother that lives with us. She enjoys hearing about your daily adventures and
    so do I. Keep writing girl!
    Bless your heart.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Frances!! I hope it gives her a laugh or two! I'm sure I'll keep it up for a few years more!

      Delete
  3. Uh oh. One wonders exactly HOW you know Mr Toad is not Mr. Right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because he hasn't talked to me yet! But he MAY be Mr. Right for Miss Toad!

      Delete
  4. I put in a new garbage disposal about 8 years ago, fairly easy job. But then we go and put onion peels down it, the drain clogs up, $125 later... No more onion peels...but he did not say anything about carrot peels. I went out and bought a RYOBI Drain Auger and did it myself. No more carrot peels. No more coffee grounds from French Press. etc, etc. Long story short, we don't put anything down the disposal except egg shells. Is it worth having????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have city sewer, you are probably okay for little stuff, but most of the big scraps should go in the trash. They are death to septic systems.

      Delete
    2. In our case, it is the condition of the line from the kitchen to the our main sewer line leading out of the building...it seems the washer drain line cuts into the kitchen line before it reaches that main line out. The Roto guy said that we should put the least amount stuff down the disposal.

      Delete
  5. Exactly true. I probably don't need one either!

    ReplyDelete